Aston Villa Kits and Merchandise 24/25

est1874

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I dont see the FA letting us have the AV150 on it 

Or the ‘H150U’ that it actually looks like

• Like 1

The leaked "new, new badge" always looks as though the Aston Villa at the bottom has somehow pushed the lion up so that his head is almost touching the top of the shield?

I have tried to be much less critical on this thread - partly because they have beaten me into submission at this stage with the way they have handled this - but come on! It looks ridiculous!

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

The leaked "new, new badge" always looks as though the Aston Villa at the bottom has somehow pushed the lion up so that his head is almost touching the top of the shield?

I have tried to be much less critical on this thread - partly because they have beaten me into submission at this stage with the way they have handled this - but come on! It looks ridiculous!

Agreed. Aside from the obvious colour balance issue of yellow on blue,  the positioning seems forced and unbalanced. 

I moaned about it when first revealed but almost given up caring. I assume that was Heck's plan when he realised the backlash against it. Go radio silent and hope people forget... and in fairness its kind of worked.

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

I feel exactly the same about this. I’ve contributed to this thread but in all honesty I’ve lost hope of anything really decent coming. 

• Like 1

I think a lot of people have a sort of Faustian Pact with Heck that they firmly believe he is onto something bigger than we can see and so will overlook certain things that have happened on his watch. 

I can only imagine the grief Purslow would have got for delivering this badge and the cancellation of the much publicised new stand. 

Edited by Captain_Townsend

Finish in the CL-spots and/or win the Conference league and people will likely go with the new badge, kit and what not even if it isn't all that good. Miss out on the CL and lose some key player and even the best badge and kit ever will not be enough.

On 30/03/2024 at 10:35, Captain_Townsend said:

I think a lot of people have a sort of Faustian Pact with Heck that they firmly believe he is onto something bigger than we can see and so will overlook certain things that have happened on his watch. 

I can only imagine the grief Purslow would have got for delivering this badge and the cancellation of the much publicised new stand. 

Probably about the same grief Heck has got. Except Purslow's not American, so without the "dumb yank with no football knowledge doesn't know what he's doing" subtext to much of it.

On 29/03/2024 at 12:00, Jas10 said:

Must be fake but… if the badge has a “transparent” background… it might work well… as long as it’s not yellow on pale blue… that lion might stand out for once.

Plus it’s Betano now not BK8.

Maybe it's a training top and like clubs like Manure have a training kit sponsor that BK8 will continue as a sponsor but for the training kits?

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Maybe it's a training top and like clubs like Manure have a training kit sponsor that BK8 will continue as a sponsor but for the training kits?

Aston Villa is printed in the wrong font, that's the main giveaway here. Black and white is the other - why would anyone take a photo of a prototype design and then convert it to black and white before leaking it?

It screams lazy fake.

Edited by est1874

17 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Aston Villa is printed in the wrong font, that's the main giveaway here. Black and white is the other - why would anyone take a photo of a prototype design and then convert it to black and white before leaking it?

It screams lazy fake.

Another dead giveaway is that Adidas' logo is going to be larger than what's on that mock up for their kits next season. 

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2023/09/adidas-introduce-significantly-enlarged-logo-on-football-kits.html

In a bold move, Adidas will introduce a significant change to their football kits for the 2024 season and beyond.

According to information from Footy Headlines, Adidas are set to unveil a significantly enlarged logo on their football kits. The new logo will be approximately 35% bigger than the current one, taking advantage of FIFA's allowance for manufacturing logos up to 20cm².

Betano is a shocking logo. Its like something you'd see on a 90s independent shop. I hope there's a rework in the offing or at least lose the motif.

Â