Aston Villa Kits and Merchandise 24/25

est1874

Interesting to note that the 150 anniversary plan and Heck's comms from today includes the following:

In the spring, we will share an update on our plans for our 2024/25 kit and merchandise 

The choice of the wording "Update" rather than it being a kit reveal, and inclusion of merchandise more generally, heavily implies to me that we're binning Castore. Expect the update might be announcement of new kit supplier and a wide range of supporting merch, potentially alongside news of the superstore expansion.

Would love to see us finally go with Adidas but seems more likely it would be Nike if we're going with one of the big traditional suppliers...

Just now, JPAngel said:

Calling it now. It's going be Puma.

Wouldn't hate that, their kit materials are OK. The crests are a bit cheaply screen-printed though, so am not sure how that'll work if our new badge ends up being really rich and textured.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Would love to see us finally go with Adidas but seems more likely it would be Nike if we're going with one of the big traditional suppliers...

Given his current announcements I’m expecting the new kit supplier to be LIDL Homebrand.

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Can't wait for people to hate whatever it is that is announced before it's fully revealed....

Probably because he’s already building a track record that validates those thoughts.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

as i said in the 150th badge thread, whoever the kit supplier is they do a 150 year range, re-do a whole load of our kits and sell them as special editions

we should at the very least have a fairly comprehensive 150th range but seeing as we dont have a fairly comprehensive anything range i doubt it

Jamaican,  he scrapped the new badge and designated it a 41st anniversary badge for 1982 (insulting intelligence). Corporate in the holte badly handled. Then he announced casually we aren't going ahead with the redevelopment that was first mooted in 2000.

It isn't fair to dismiss the reaction as hysteria. It is based on a worrying track record and some are apprehensive that this man is going to mess up a big year for us.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Everyone is never going to be happy, but as I've mentioned before and been slated for, I have a feeling that if his name was Barry, and he was from Solihull, with a different accent and background, he'd get a bit more patience and leeway 

People low key have some " hate " or hesitancy towards Americans being involved in the Footballing and/or Football branding side of things because they feel they don't " get it " and won't appreciate the heritage.

I was going to reply to the rest but was disgusted at the insinuation of this part especially attached to my post.  Mate, I respect you but to insinuate this and attaching to my post has really peeved me off.  As somebody who loves travelling the world, meeting new people and cultures, thrives and fascinated by cultures and civilisations from years ago, I have nothing but fascination of others.  I treat people as individuals and don’t generalise based any groupings. I’m going to assume you didn’t mean this about me but attaching to my post as an general assumption really peeves me off because it by default attaches to me.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I was going to reply to the rest but was disgusted at the insinuation of this part especially attached to my post.  Mate, I respect you but to insinuate this and attaching to my post has really peeved me off.  As somebody who loves travelling the world, meeting new people and cultures, thrives and fascinated by cultures and civilisations from years ago, I have nothing but fascination of others.  I treat people as individuals and don’t generalise based any groupings. I’m going to assume you didn’t mean this about me but attaching to my post as an general assumption really peeves me off because it by default attaches to me.

My apologies Nick, it's just a general thing I've noticed and commented on before 

Not necessarily aimed at you, or just about this particular issue.

As a matter of fact it's not just restrictive to Villa fans either, I see elements of it across the board.

In a sense it's being protective of the English/British game which I do understand 

I also typed that whole thing quickly so probably could have worded and expressed it better.

I do notice that you are one of the more " traditional " fans though and there is nothing wrong with that 

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Jamaican,  he scrapped the new badge and designated it a 41st anniversary badge for 1982 (insulting intelligence). Corporate in the holte badly handled. Then he announced casually we aren't going ahead with the redevelopment that was first mooted in 2000.

It isn't fair to dismiss the reaction as hysteria. It is based on a worrying track record and some are apprehensive that this man is going to mess up a big year for us.

If he didn't think the badge was right, isn't the correct time to fix it right now? It was hardly popular or inspiring, most people were basically shrugging their shoulders at it. It hadn't done it's job. The right decision was to rip the band-aid off and start again.

It's absolutely insane to me that he's being slagged off for changing a relatively unpopular badge. The fact that the most recent badge change was botched isn't Heck's fault.

If the redevelopment has issues, isn't delaying it the right move? I don't believe for a second that he's solely responsible for any delay, he's just announcing it because that's his job.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

It's absolutely insane to me that he's being slagged off for changing a relatively unpopular badge.

It wasn’t unpopular though, it was popular.  Just because a few on VillaTalk didn’t like it doesn’t mean anything.  People down the ground liked it and generally seen well accepted and liked without being wowed but generally liked.  The only people I’ve heard dislike it has been a few on here VT and some  in the cesspit that is social media but more like it than not.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

It wasn’t unpopular though, it was popular.  Just because a few on VillaTalk didn’t like it doesn’t mean anything.  People down the ground liked it and generally seen well accepted and liked without being wowed but generally liked.  The only people I’ve heard dislike it has been a few on here VT and some  in the cesspit that is social media but more like it than not.

Surely we're aiming higher than "not being wowed but generally liked" though. This is the Aston Villa badge. It should make us beam with pride, not just be an unspectacular design-by-committee that generally fulfills the criteria.

6 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Indeed there seems to have been a bit of a re-writing of history over the badge.  I swear the vast majority wanted the round badge back even before the choice was narrowed down to two options.  Tbh I don't really care that much about the badge, more the North Stand.

Aaaaaanyway, about the kits, I hope the claret and blue used in the logo thing is used across the board for the kit and merch.  I don't mind who makes it as long as it's not obviously lazy, adhering to some template and stays a bit dryer than the current one.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

Surely we're aiming higher than "not being wowed but generally liked" though. This is the Aston Villa badge. It should make us beam with pride, not just be an unspectacular design-by-committee that generally fulfills the criteria.

Never going to be wowed, that was more expectation or hope but reality is that unique designs will likely put more people off than the majority in favour of it.  Fans overwhelmingly wanted the round badge, “Aston Villa” and the star, and got exactly that.  There is a limit of what can be done with that but the majority of fans liked it.  The lack of wow is some of the small components of the round badge weren’t perfect but it was something to be proud of and I’ve not heard a fan not like it on their kit.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

What's his actual " track record " ?

Rebranding a fairly historic NBA team, and making them one of the better commercial teams in the league. Despite it being near the bottom of the league in revenue, with a very ugly look when he took over. It also happens to be a team from one of the bigger cities.

Almost as if there's a few similarities there.

I've seen a few people on twiter say that he doesn't understand football. He's not the **** manager.

8 hours ago, est1874 said:

Interesting to note that the 150 anniversary plan and Heck's comms from today includes the following:

The choice of the wording "Update" rather than it being a kit reveal, and inclusion of merchandise more generally, heavily implies to me that we're binning Castore. Expect the update might be announcement of new kit supplier and a wide range of supporting merch, potentially alongside news of the superstore expansion.

I don’t know if it’s purely coincidental but there seems to be a lack of Castore products available to purchase on the high street? My wife went shopping in town and merry hill today and couldn’t get any Castore kit.

7 minutes ago, ChesterDad said:

I don’t know if it’s purely coincidental but there seems to be a lack of Castore products available to purchase on the high street? My wife went shopping in town and merry hill today and couldn’t get any Castore kit.

You’re hard pushed to find any Villa kit anywhere other than online or the club shop. 

Â