Aston Villa Kits and Merchandise 24/25

est1874

30 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Also mind-numbingly conformist.

I'm not an american but I feel like bad owners can sit on investments in the American sports and get richer but not earn it. Maybe I am wrong with that assessment?

4 hours ago, GarethRDR said:

No. No no no no no no. It looked cheap, tacky and plain **** awful when Puma did it for a season to all their national teams and clubs, it only really works in the context of the MLS because they've been doing it long enough already and the garish bombast is on-brand for the American audience (okay, maybe that's a bit harsh) but **** me does it look so amateur-hour.

Our badge is our identity (Heck's efforts to the contrary), we don't need the name emblazoned across the chest like some Fisher Price alphabet fridge magnets. The options should only ever be 1) chest sponsor that pays us 2) a charity we want to support 3) nothing at all (nothing at all, nothing at all... stupid sexy Flanders).

Not that, um, I feel particularly strongly about this, or course. 😬

2 of these shirts have a direct tie to the early days of the club (Kansas City and Galaxy), the Miami is a lift from the Miami Vice font so whatever on that. Can't speak to the other clubs or what they might look like, but this is nothing like Puma's design a few years back that was done to basically identify teams as Puma clubs from a distance.

9 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

I'm not an american but I feel like bad owners can sit on investments in the American sports and get richer but not earn it. Maybe I am wrong with that assessment?

It's not a coincidence Americans are buying English (and even Welsh) clubs also. Buying sports clubs is, by and large, a safe investment.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, 479Villan said:

It's not a coincidence Americans are buying English (and even Welsh) clubs also. Buying sports clubs is, by and large, a safe investment.

I think of Randy Lerner and Ellis Short who put money in but got nothing/little in return but lost a lot of money -  I feel like american sport protects the owners investment/money better than over here. It seems less corrupt but also sterile to new ideas. English football is more open to ideas carried by investment but also unforgiving if a person doesn't have the required investment, knowledge and a plan. FFP has probably made buying English clubs a safer venture too.

• Like 2

There used to be an old adage that went something like: Q: How do you end up with a small fortune? A: Start with a large fortune and then buy a football club.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

I think of Randy Lerner and Ellis Short who put money in but got nothing/little in return but lost a lot of money -  I feel like american sport protects the owners investment/money better than over here. It seems less corrupt but also sterile to new ideas. English football is more open to ideas carried by investment but also unforgiving if a person doesn't have the required investment, knowledge and a plan. FFP has probably made buying English clubs a safer venture too.

Well, I don't tend to trust any accounting I see from a sports team because in America it is all a shell game. Owners will tell you they are losing money or barely squeaking by but the insane rising costs of buying a franchise in a sport (when they rarely come up for sale) tells me a lot more than the numbers cooked by an in house accountant. That is probably why I have such trouble following arguments about FFP and what not, because the clubs are being thought to give accurate numbers and I'll never wrap my head around that. It feels almost....naive... on the part of traditional owners to not figure out how to game the system to protect yourself. Not defending it, it's just a different world. That is likely the franchise model protecting itself also.

Those profits are why we see Super League talks, of course. And those accounting tricks are how Chelsea has sprung all their deals the past few years. Europe is learning the American franchise system (or trying hard), and American accountants are worming their way through the football financial systems. I'm sure that has nothing to do at all with the new systems being proposed/implemented in England though for teams...gotta be just coincidence.

Yes, coincidence.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

spacer.png

Hate half and half shirts but that’s nice (aside from the shitty Heck badge). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Villa_Vids said:

Not at all! There are owners all over the league who are widely considered to be terrible for their teams but make money hand over fist, the most notorious probably being James Dolan of the New York Knicks.

• Like 2

Massive news. Doubles the current deal but is still another gambling sponsor. 2-year-deal which ends when the ban on gambling sponsorship starts.

Edited by Ceemo
  • Like 2

Heck doing what he was brought in to do. Doubling the value is huge for us. We have always struggled to get real money for our shirt sponsors.  Nothing compared to the others up at the top but a huge step in the right direction.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ceemo said:

Betano currently sponsor Braga and Sporting Lisbon
image.thumb.jpeg.2361b50216f3603ad959d9e0fae45415.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.5b249dc5d4cdca0f12bcf564ed01be06.jpeg

and one of the sponsors of Euro 2024 with UEFA 

3 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Does that make them more legit and legal than our current sponsors?

Hmm let me think about that for a second....

Â