Aston Villa Kits and Merchandise 24/25

est1874

3 minutes ago, allani said:

I don't think it is a coincidence that they've signed / agreed deals with both Newcastle and us.

If our deal ends up being anything like Newcastle's is alleged to be (apparently £40m per year minimum and one of their Elite clubs) then it'd be an absolutely incredible deal.

Not that it would have to be like that to blow the Castore/Fanatics partnerships out of the water, I'd imagine.

8 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

No problem.

In this instance, I'd just refer you back to the word "recuse" in my post.

That is probably the most exciting sentence I have heard for a while!  Thanks.

1 hour ago, wishywashy said:

If our deal ends up being anything like Newcastle's is alleged to be (apparently £40m per year minimum and one of their Elite clubs) then it'd be an absolutely incredible deal.

Not that it would have to be like that to blow the Castore/Fanatics partnerships out of the water, I'd imagine.

Well based on the post that immediately followed yours I think we can now safely assume that our deal is significant.  Maybe a push to hope that it matches Newcastle's but I think we can assume that it will be big.  It might also help explain the rumour that there's a £10m bonus if we sell a certain number of shirts (which was being used as an example of Heck being incompetent) whereas maybe it's just a sign that we're being really punchy about projected sales growth with a very big player in the market.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

We are a bigger club than Newcastle. We should not assume they got better terms. 

We've won stuff since colour television for a start!

My statement that we might not have the exact same deal was primarily based on me thinking that they had qualified for CL football when their deal was announced (although now I am not sure whether that is true) whereas we are only in the Conference League when ours was agreed.  I also think that I saw that their shirt sales were higher than ours in some FFP wrap-up piece I read a few weeks ago - although again I can't remember what I read or confirm that that is the case.

1 hour ago, NurembergVillan said:

No problem.

Ah, so that's the reason Craig did his Newcastle kit redesign video and you didn't do a Villa one?!? 😉

1 hour ago, NurembergVillan said:

No problem.

Apologies, didn't mean to press you on it.

I'm taking this as positive news regardless!

20 minutes ago, MSvillain said:

Apologies, didn't mean to press you on it.

I'm taking this as positive news regardless!

I'm glad you did - because I'd missed the significance of the work "recuse".  And I can only say that I hope that's a word that NV has to use repeatedly in the coming months / years.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

I'm going to recuse myself from this topic for the time being. As and when the club or brand formally share something I'll chip in with my £0.02 worth.

The only thing I'll add is that both Villa and the brand are going to be taking the relationship and the projected direction of the club very seriously. Champions League teams get Champions League service.

spacer.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Captain_Townsend said:

We are a bigger club than Newcastle. We should not assume they got better terms. 

We've won stuff since colour television for a start!

Noticed that Saudi Arabia National Team also wear Adidas.  Wouldn't be surprised if Newcastle's "Elite club"  deal actually had some sweeteners for Adidas - like access to the Saudi market and investment from PIF.  Unfortunately, state-owned clubs have powerful levers that normal clubs do not.

7 hours ago, nick76 said:

I thought that at first but then where is the neck collar! Also would it be allowed given that’s where the players names would be.  Then I thought maybe it’s the front  above where the adidas logo will be…hmmm…

interestingly this mock up has it between the Adidas badge and the crest, however it does caveat that it may be in a different location.

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2024/02/aston-villa-24-25-home-kit-mock-up.html

"The Adidas Aston Villa 2024-2025 home shirt mock-up will feature the Aston Villa 150th anniversary mark on the center of the chest (the final design may feature the AV 150 mark in a different position on the shirt)"

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MSvillain said:

interestingly this mock up has it between the Adidas badge and the crest, however it does caveat that it may be in a different location.

"The Adidas Aston Villa 2024-2025 home shirt mock-up will feature the Aston Villa 150th anniversary mark on the center of the chest (the final design may feature the AV 150 mark in a different position on the shirt)"

Christ that looks **** atrocious 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, MSvillain said:

I love the fact that they then explain the design of the shirt by saying that the main body is maroon.  😂🤣😂

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
Â