Aston Villa Kits and Merchandise 24/25

est1874

33 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Lovely teaser…

Proper claret. Nod to our heritage with stain glass style design and mosaic. Looks like a return of the ‘Prepared’ motto. Will be very interesting to see this launch. 

I get the sense that we might not be in the majority but I agree with you.  Some of the surrounding detail looks really nice and like you say contains a good nod to our heritage.  I think it will also be very neat if the Adidas branding is yellow / gold on our home shirts and especially on the 150 anniversary kit.  I am also intrigued that the "badge" within the diamonds is gold on a claret background.  I do think that this points towards having design elements that are then used in different settings / situations - which is encouraging (although I suspect that others might not be as keen on that idea).

• Like 1

Could be wrong but I can't believe that's got started and finished without someone taking a snap of it and leaking it. Gotta be digital. 

Posted (edited)

I’ve already banged on about how bad that badge is, and how the round badge is the best in my lifetime… but aside from that that shirt looks so loooooovely, so excited to see the real thing:

Edit: this might be a rare time I buy the shirt at full price on release rather than waiting til Jan.

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 1

On 09/05/2024 at 09:09, OutByEaster? said:

Really good news in the interview to see that the return to an in-house model for our retailing is confirmed.

A Villa shop operated by Aston Villa again instead of Fanatics - Villa products on sale in sports shops around the world rather than restricted to Fanatics partners and the Fanatics website.

The chance re-establish the link between being a Villa fan and the store - perhaps getting some use out of those Pride Reward Points by being able to link them to products we sell, or even, dare we dream, the return of the season ticket holder discount.

A whole world of possibility has reopened!

Being an exiled fan, any move away from Fanatics would be a positive move.  Up until the Fanatics contract started I had collected every single home shirt from 1980 onwards.  I moved to states in 1993 and continued getting gear from the Villa mail-order.  After a couple of horrible experiences with Fanatics about ten years ago I just stopped buying.  The only time I've bought anything in the past ten years was on my occasional visits to Villa Park.  They are a terrible company - even on their home turf in the US they are a nightmare when you try to get NFL etc gear from them. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Villa_Vids said:

Maybe Heck is being proper cryptic and the Lion, Star and Aston Villa have left the  badge to be stand alone on the shirt!?

1 hour ago, Tayls said:

I think I preferred the shape of the previous lion…

I'm not sure, I saw the badge and thought it would be cool if the Adidas logo is really the old lion, but shredded.

• Like 1

Was at Villa Park tonight and spotted the outline of the new badge being painted on the side of the academy building along with the word 'prepared' in large writing. Not long until everything is revealed it seems

3 minutes ago, Bosnichs Muller corner said:

Was at Villa Park tonight and spotted the outline of the new badge being painted on the side of the academy building along with the word 'prepared' in large writing. Not long until everything is revealed it seems

And you didn't take a photo of it?! 

6 minutes ago, Bosnichs Muller corner said:

Aint they knocking that building down

1 minute ago, Bosnichs Muller corner said:

I thought that too, although it might be a refurb? Could just be a promo in time for the last home match

If it's the smelly damp one with the sticky carpet bar and the pitches inside, then I thought that was gonna be the new warehouse thing.

1 hour ago, S-Platt said:

Maybe Heck is being proper cryptic and the Lion, Star and Aston Villa have left the  badge to be stand alone on the shirt!?

The lines point to look the yellow on blue works you (p)bricks!  I think he meant cocksuckers.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Roitorb said:

The lines point to look the yellow on blue works you (p)bricks!  I think he meant cocksuckers.

Actually in my stupid enough attempt at making a joke. What would the brickwork of the Holte with a slight claret twinge and the yellow lion look like on that badge?

*actually ignore me. Due to the sunshine I’ve been drinking and that sounds **** stupid.

Edited by Roitorb
Pissed

11 minutes ago, Roitorb said:

Actually in my stupid enough attempt at making a joke. What would the brickwork of the Holte with a slight claret twinge and the yellow lion look like on that badge?

*actually ignore me. Due to the sunshine I’ve been drinking and that sounds **** stupid.

You need sunshine in order to drink? 😉🍻

On 10/05/2024 at 16:40, Villa_Vids said:

It might be that it's a mural and painted (unless its a mock up), but the thickness of each of the three outlines of the shield is more equal here, rather than gradually getting thinner from out to in as they do on the digital version we've seen. This looks a bit more bulky and robust, and is a slight improvement.

The graphics look like a mix of Victorian stained glass, and William Morris / 'Arts & Crafts Movement' style floral patterns. William Morris is one of the most famous textile and pattern designers of the Victoria era. He was part of 'the Birmingham set' in the mid 1800s, and ran his own design company in the 1870s, around the time of Villa's formation. 

Looks like someone at Adidas has put a bit of work in to create some interesting and bespoke visuals. I hope this carries over to the kits!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Â