Ratings & Reactions: Brentford v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

234 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/12/23 at 23:59

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

The stupid thing is, it wasn't even a contentious red card (or shouldn't have been). It was pretty blatant. Brentford just seemed to lose their heads completely.

Franks was having a right go and our bench.. wait till he sees the replay. Not sure why it took so long to send him off

Watkins pointing out the fan(s) again behind the goal and explaining to Frank, wouldn't be surprised if he was getting some racist shit shouted at him all game.

Ref lost control of that, we should have been more professional even if they are a dirty bunch of words removed down there at Brentford. Shame as recent history they've been a model club both in playing style and off the field.

We have developed a knack of winning games we would have lost weakly before Emery arrived. 

• Like 2

Just now, Talldarkandransome said:

Franks was having a right go and our bench.. wait till he sees the replay. Not sure why it took so long to send him off

Ref had such a good view, insane he didn't give the red himself. Ref was awful.

• Like 3

One of the funniest halves of football I've seen in a while, descended into utter lunacy but as much as that is the antithesis of what Emery probably wants we do have a few players that seem to revel in that environment like Martinez, Zaniolo, Duran and in a low-key way Konsa. 

That's the kind of game we've been losing this season so just delighted to get the win, they're struggling bad in terms of the availability of key players but they'll always be so difficult to get a result against at home.

Kamara being out now is a killer though as soft as it was. The team doesn't function nearly as well without him.

• Like 1

First-half Villa were pretty average yet controlled much of the game.

They offer nothing to the game yet score a fluke goal.

Second-half Villa much improved and deserved to win, statistics also confirm this.

Brentford are poor losers though and they are a poor team; finally Ben Mee gets his comeuppance for being a s*** footballer.

Moreno MOTM for me and great to see him back.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

Ref turned that game into an absolute shitshow, so he gets a very poor.

Watkins MotM for scoring and being generally good on the ball. Also for not absolutely losing his head.

I thought he did OK.  He got (with VAR) most the decisions right.  The only thing he really got wrong were the mellee after Watkins scored (triggered by a Brentford player needlessly getting into Ollie's face) and the one at the end (when again the instigator seemed to get away with it).  Prior to that he'd been good.

• Like 3

So good to have got out of that shithole with the 3 points but…

Kamara will be a big miss. So unnecessary, shouldn’t have risen to their bull crap.

Enjoy that Ben Mee and get a life Maupay.

Horrible club, vile players, dweeb of a manager.

A new enemy has arisen…

The hatred is real. They are scum.

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

I think we were incredibly lucky with the Konsa one mostly. Any contact in the back is usually a foul. 

Maybe that one too - though I think Maupay steps across him as much as anything. 

Â