Ratings & Reactions: Brentford v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

234 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/12/23 at 23:59

Massive Win

Didnt look like we’d create much but thankfully that melt Mee went and did what he does best, and Bailey was there to provide yet again. Ollie with another important goal to win it; itll be interesting to see what he says about his celebration.

Brentford proved to be quite a dirty petulant side there, epitomised by Scroteface Maupay. Kamara was ridiculous getting involved with that, really stupid getting a suspension like that.

So I make that Palace at home, Wolves away, Bournemouth away twice, Tottenham away and now Brentford away where we’ve come from behind to pick up points. Another curse seemingly broken by our magnificent manager.

Emi MOTM for another 3 excellent saves, Pau very good again too.

2nd in the league and will have the chance to go top Friday night. Whats not to love! UTV

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, trekka said:

Bonkers, absolutely bonkers.

image.png.459a4256e8f8d291e5b5b606d065c4da.png

giphy.gif

I am really torn now in terms of the Utd v Liverpool match.  On the one hand a Utd victory has us second.  A draw has us 1 point off top.  But a Liverpool win means we are 10 points clear of 7th and a European place next season.  Maybe a draw and just a 9 point lead over Man Utd.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Brentford are weird, they came up with football and style and ideas as this progressive example to others and they've gradually morphed into Stoke.

They have about 15 players unavailable to be fair, they can't be expected to play the same way with half the squad out. The bad thing from their perspective is we looked clueless before Mee's red, so they went from having pitched the tough/hard-to-break-down/defending stoutly stuff just right to handing us the game. 

• Like 1

I throughly enjoyed that! 

Ben Mee gets to be responsible for Villa finally beating Brentford on their own patch, and a nose bleed early on from Cash. I hope he also stubs his toe on kitchen knife tonight. 

We kept going and eventually found a way through. Lovely goal from Moreno from Bailey’s cross, and perfect to see Ollie nod in the winner to enrage the Brentford fans and thug players. We deserved the points and showed character to win away even though we were missing Douggie and not at our best. 

The ‘brawl’ at the end was fun but really Martinez shouldn’t have reacted to Maupay, it reminded me of Mings and Bamford in our championship clashes with Leeds. I don’t think Kamara deserved a straight red, how many games will he miss? Hope it’s only one. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vreitti said:

Absolutely shocking refereeing.

Martinez antics so so unnecessary. If he wasn't our keeper I'd **** despise him.

But he is so enjoy.

But I agree. He didn't need to anything but let Maupay wallow and waste their time.

Norgaard should have had a second yellow. Blatant shirt pull when McGinn turned him. 

Also the Mee assault there were probably two other players who immediately put in red card challenges on Bailey. 

Ben Mee is a word removed who should have his ban increased he has previous and he flew into that that to end Bailey’s career.

Where to start in dissecting that one.

Lots of possession but not enough cut and thrust for most of the game, should have scored first half but they had decent chances on the break too, couldn’t grumble too much with them leading at half time. Fairly lacklustre second half then Ben Mee finally gets his comeuppance, thankfully this time without ending one of our players’ career (effectively). Then all hell broke loose.

Two good headers and at that point it’s just a case of keep your heads and stay out of the emotion of the game but we did the opposite. I blame Martinez for Bouba’s red card, just no need to go and get involved with that little shit Maupay on the ground, leave him there floundering like the petulant little child he is. We’re really going to miss Bouba against United in particular I fancy.

Good subs again from Emery, helped to spur us along, 2nd place in the table if only for a couple of hours, wtf is going on?!?

• Like 1

Just now, Wainy316 said:

3.  Luckily against the 3 worst teams in the league though.  Sheffield United, Burnley and Man Utd.

I guess there’ll be no chance of it being reduced either. Oh well, the rest in his legs will be useful for January. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Mess of a game, got lucky there, glad to get that out of the way

Not sure how we were lucky.  We were on top well before the red card - sure it reduced the threat of them scoring on the break but it was a potential career ender from Ben Mee.  If Bailey's foot had been planted on the floor who knows what damage would have been done.

• Like 1

Â