Ratings & Reactions: Brentford v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

234 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/12/23 at 23:59

I'd like to dedicate that win to Wesley 🇧🇷

**** Ben Mee, **** Maupay, **** the gum-muncher and **** some of those other clearings in the woods too.

Great resilient win. Great character to claw back, but really poor discipline from Kamara and Martinez. 

2nd place is ours for now, come on Man United!

• Like 3

When we have teams camped on the edge of their box I’d like to see one or two more shots. 

Only really Duran tried a decent effort from the edge of the box. It causes a bit of confusion for the next time we’re in that position. 

Wins like this is what wins titles and will help us get top 4. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

If he books Maupay for running into Martinez there's no big melee at the end.

Maupay really is an odious little creature isn't he? I'm glad his career has tailed off.

I am sure that on TV they said that Maupay was booked.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Indigo said:

One of the funniest halves of football I've seen in a while, descended into utter lunacy but as much as that is the antithesis of what Emery probably wants we do have a few players that seem to revel in that environment like Martinez, Zaniolo, Duran and in a low-key way Konsa. 

That's the kind of game we've been losing this season so just delighted to get the win, they're struggling bad in terms of the availability of key players but they'll always be so difficult to get a result against at home.

Kamara being out now is a killer though as soft as it was. The team doesn't function nearly as well without him.

I thought the same last year when he went out injured but it didn’t seem to affect us..

Also I agree with everything else you’ve said here.. I think it’s good we’ve got some players that don’t going dark to get a win.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, allani said:

I really couldn't disagree with a post more than I do with this one.  Aimlessly pumping the ball into the box isn't the answer.  We passed around patiently knowing that the chances are that at some point a defender would switch off.  They did and Bailey picked out an unmarked Moreno with a perfect pass.  No-one has ever told Man City or Barcelona just to hoof the ball into the box. 

Perhaps I overstated my case...I agree, you don't want to pump it aimlessly, but it seemed to me like we were taking no chances whatsoever until the red card. Your example came after they were down to 10 men. Would we have scored without the red card? I don't know that we would have.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Brentford are weird, they came up with football and style and ideas as this progressive example to others and they've gradually morphed into Stoke.

Not massively surprising though when they're buying world class thugs like Ben Mee.

17 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Brentford are weird, they came up with football and style and ideas as this progressive example to others and they've gradually morphed into Stoke.

I haven't watched enough of them against other teams this year to know, but maybe we're seeing a different side of them now that we're title-chasers instead of their mid-table peers.

Â