2. 2. Manager's Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/12/23 at 23:59

We all started really believing on the 10th January 1981, when we beat Liverpool 2-0 at Villa Park. Was last night's equally well deserved win against Citeh a repeat of that moment?

This is our best start to a top flight season since then and our most successive home wins since 1903....day's just don't come much better than this one! :flag: 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

I like when he says he watched Villa vs Newcastle and they all start to nod in agreement...

Yeah, all expecting him to wax lyrical over the jawdee nation 😉

Edited by stewiek2
  • Haha 1

Might sound like an odd comment but this felt different even from the 7-2 win over Liverpool where we had a very spesific tactic which worked which was playing  it long over their line.

This felt more like going toe to toe and absolutely hammering them. We suffocated them out of the game with relentless pressure. I've not seen anything like it in my lifetime as a Villa fan.

Edited by Pinebro
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Might sound like an odd comment but this felt different even from the 7-2 win over Liverpool where we had a very spesific tactic which worked which was playing  it long over their line.

This felt more like going toe to toe and absolutely hammering them. We suffocated them out of the game with relentless pressure. I've not seen anything like it in my lifetime as a Villa fan.

agree, i said in another post that the Man City 1-0 is a better result than the 7-2 versus Liverpool.

We did well versus Liverpool, but it was one of those games where we sucker punched them and everything seemed to drop right, against Man City, the European Champions, we dominated them back to front, from beginning to end, it was a totally different level of performance.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, KentVillan said:

He was really good. Only moment I questioned was that yellow for Kamara, but was probably deserved tbh. Otherwise the game just flowed, was great to watch…

Early doors I did mention I didn't want to jinx it, but the ref seemed a good one.

39 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

It wasn’t even toe to toe, we fully stepped on them.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KentVillan said:

He was really good. Only moment I questioned was that yellow for Kamara, but was probably deserved tbh. Otherwise the game just flowed, was great to watch…

He did also have the moment where he played the advantage to Man City after a foul and, once they lost possession, he brought it back for the free kick. You can't have both just because you lost the ball.

Other than that, he did a great job. Very balanced performance.

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

Still don't get the possession stats. I commented in match thread in first half we had the ball for +5 minutes

Probably the amount of time it was in Ederson's hands or their defenders scrambling to get the ball away.

27 minutes ago, imavillan said:

wow, what a performance. Tremendous in every department.

The stats are insane

I'm surprised the City xG is as high as it is given they only had two shots all game.

spacer.png

Wasn't ollies goal offside?