2. 2. Manager's Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/12/23 at 23:59

20 hours ago, Jas10 said:

That goal was long overdue and more than deserved, must’ve been such a relief as we weren’t getting the rewards for our fantastic performance. Both first and second half.

We deserved more goals… we utterly destroyed them but many won’t realise that by just looking at the result…

It tickled me, when some tried to tarnish the goal by declaring it as a deflection.....it was on target and going in anyway.....The depths some will go to, to avoid giving us credit.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TOTTI-THE-GOD said:

Its funny when i saw the starting line up i really thought what the hell........ it didn't work well against Bournemouth so why use it again. How wrong could I be, easily 10's all round just an incredible team performance and one to make us all proud of.

Bring on Arsenal hopefully we'll go into it with the same fight and belief and we might even get the same result UTV 

when we watch a game and see errors....Unai is on it, like an eagle on a rabbit.....He does not rest until he rectifies, shortfalls...its his mission and his obsession to root out, errors.

That is the difference with this man....some managers just think, we move on, we won't make the same mistake twice.....but sadly, without redress teams do...He is different Gravy.

I do see traits of Ron Saunders.

Unai is another SAF, I am sure of it.....He is made of Granite, with a warm engaging exterior.

We are so lucky, to have this guy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I'm just starting to read the reaction thread. I've stayed off VT for a few days as it all was too good to be true lol.

It actually happening isn't it?

I've seen us play well over the years, but that level of control over the mancs was amazing to watch.

Aston Villa vs Manchester City Full Match Replay - Premier League 2023/2024 (footyfull.com)

Full match replay if anyone wants to watch again :)

Edited by Mister_a
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 07/12/2023 at 07:03, villa4europe said:

The 7-2 for me but that game was washed with utter bizareness whereas last night was a controlled tactical masterclass

Thats why I rate it the best.

The Liverpool 7-2 and the 5-1 was mainly just clinical finishing as fantastic scorelines as they was.....this was football domination and could have been 3 or 4 with a bit of luck.

Edited by TRO

On 07/12/2023 at 09:13, John said:

We all started really believing on the 10th January 1981, when we beat Liverpool 2-0 at Villa Park. Was last night's equally well deserved win against Citeh a repeat of that moment?

This is our best start to a top flight season since then and our most successive home wins since 1903....day's just don't come much better than this one! :flag: 

That's right John.....These are the days we talk about forever....Historic events.

Man City might talk about it all season too ,for different reasons....Pep will also seek to improve on that....Thats what competition is.

That was a peg in the ground,alright,  a datum point of where we intend to go....it was a game changer for us.

There will be set backs, its what humans do, we are not infallible.....but belief is now there, with everyone attached to the club.

I think the scariest thing of all is.....This man doesn't rest on his Laurels, he pursues perfection....This will just wet his appetite.

its reassuring, even if we get close.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Talldarkandransome said:

I've been singing Leon's song since yesterday morning, got funny looks in the office yesterday. Folk asking my why I was singing a Shakira song.. I felt the need to educate them, so I did.. then someone said Oh yeah City were unlucky weren't they, I walked away. Knob eds. 

the world is full of uneducated and uneducatable idiots everywhere it’s a common theme everywhere I look! Never mind there’s an old saying, “Never argue with an idiot, incase you get mistaken for one!”

• Like 1

Not had chance to comment yet, as had a busy few days. 

What a result! I was smiling all day Thursday in the office. Even the fans of other teams who were in, were raving over our performance. 

There was a few grumbles from posters when Emery announced his team. He was spot on! What a genius we have as manager. Every decision is fully thought out. 

UTV 😍

8 hours ago, TRO said:

My MOTM, just by a whisker in front of the other 10

He was the arguably the most improved player along with Bailey (from games this season) but my motm was McGinn, his performance  in this match was spectacular, he droves the team forward,  gave them real grit. He was next to unplayable at times against city, my motm. 

5 hours ago, Talldarkandransome said:

I've been singing Leon's song since yesterday morning, got funny looks in the office yesterday. Folk asking my why I was singing a Shakira song.. I felt the need to educate them, so I did.. then someone said Oh yeah City were unlucky weren't they, I walked away. Knob eds. 

They was unlucky, unlucky they had to play us! 

Did VAR check the Luiz goal? If the lino flagged for offside...there wasn't one. If the lino flagged for ball gone out of play, it didn't look obviously over the line. It was close, but we know the clsssic isometric amera angle makes it look more over the line than it is. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, TRO said:

My research gleaned from the" Aston Villa- Complete Record " tells me it was 7th May 1994 versus Liverpool...attendance that day was 45,347

That would make Wednesday our largest ever all-seater crowd - that Liverpool game was the last day of the old Holte End.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Did VAR check the Luiz goal? If the lino flagged for offside...there wasn't one. If the lino flagged for ball gone out of play, it didn't look obviously over the line. It was close, but we know the clsssic isometric amera angle makes it look more over the line than it is. 

VAR checks all goals. 

I think it probably was out of play by an inch. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

That would make Wednesday our largest ever all-seater crowd - that Liverpool game was the last day of the old Holte End.

Yeah...I guess thats so.

and the gates are sustainable now, full house every week....we didn't get that in the title winning season.

I think this is possibly the best Villa team, (on current form ) I have seen.

I am so pleased for the Young fans to be having some of the joy, us old 'uns had in the past with Ron and the boys from '82

This is scary, where it could lead to.

12 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Yep. 

I've seen those kind of views but when they do the 90 degree angle on the line a sliver of the ball just overlaps the line. 

A ball can look a long way out and be in.   Your brain works from the middle of the line but in fact it's the edge of the line you need to consider. 

And half a football is quite a long way and especially looking at it from a acute angle. 

I'm far from convinced the ball was out and as usual with a sky club they've strangely not shown the 90 degree angle of it. 

If it was a ManCity goal ruled out they'd be all over that camera view like a rash. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Which I don't believe after they've removed those seats from The Holte for the disabled area. Something doesn't add up about that figure. 

18 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

the world is full of uneducated and uneducatable idiots everywhere it’s a common theme everywhere I look! Never mind there’s an old saying, “Never argue with an idiot, incase you get mistaken for one!”

I think it was Mark Twain.

Â