• Coutinho (Luiz 64)
    • Tielemans (Bailey 64)
    • Carlos (Diaby 64)
    • Durán (Watkins 74)
    • Archer (Coutlnho 83)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 22/08/23 at 22:59

Clean performance. We were not even at our best and that game wasn't even competitive. We absolutely dominated them.

Goal difference is reset and 3 pts after 2 games is decent all things considered.

MotM goes to McGinn who was an absolute boss today in multiple positions. Fantastic display from him! Runners up goes to Bailey who I think surprised a lot of people (myself included) today.

Really bummed about the injuries though. Our squad is ultra-thin atm and we need to get some bodies in I think.

UTV!

• Like 4

And we’re back. 

Gosh Everton are shite though! Great to see Bailey playing well and looking a threat, delighted for Duran too. McGinn man of the match, he was everywhere and got the ball rolling with the first.

Watkins should have scored two or more and just doesn’t look very sharp, perhaps that Duran goal will put a rocket up him. 

I was pretty bummed out over the last week but we’re back on an even keel in goal difference as well as points which is great, good day (injuries aside).

• Like 1

Everton were dreadful, we won't play many, if any teams worse than that this season.

We were awesome at times but it wasnt a wow performance like Newcastle at home last season. We definitely have a few more gears and feel we can play a lot better. 

That said, 4-0 is a great result.

McGinn or Bailey MOTM. 

Disappoining the injury for Coutinho, he was looking pretty good and I was just thinking how useful he would be in Europe and then that happened. 

• Like 1

Quality performance to get the season going after nightmare start, and especially good to get a few different players on the scoresheet. 

Plenty of positive performances. In particular, should be a nice booster for Pau to get a clean sheet after a pretty torrid introduction. McGinn was best player on pitch, and back to where he was 2nd half of last season. Diaby is also settling in quick which is great, and as he gets more understanding with Watkins that combi should bring plenty of goals.

Still early days to really judge this team. Newcastle away will be one of the hardest fixtures of the season, and on this showing Everton at home will be one of the easiest.