• Coutinho (Luiz 64)
    • Tielemans (Bailey 64)
    • Carlos (Diaby 64)
    • Durán (Watkins 74)
    • Archer (Coutlnho 83)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 22/08/23 at 22:59

That was extremely easy. First home game of the season and I genuinely don't think I'll see a worse team for the rest of it.

Not much to say really, everyone played well and Everton let us do what we like. Can't get over how bad they were.

Luiz would have been my man of the match but for going off early - so McGinn (who would have been neck-and-neck anyway) gets the nod.  I really like that we take Luiz off and bring on Tielemans and the midfield keeps on working just as well.  I also like that Carlos slotted in so easily into the back line as well.  Thought Pau and Konsa were really good.  Hard to really fault anyone.  Perfect performance really.  Big win.  Slow, easy tempo so hopefully despite the 18 extra minutes everyone will be good for Hibs.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Oh he’s fine. Just got stepped on or something innocuous. He was walking around no problem after the match.

Yeah I think he was "injured" in the hope that VAR might relook at the challenge on him.  If he'd been Bruno or Kane he'd have got it.  Anyone else and it wasn't a pen (so the right decision).

McGinn was like the Tasmanian Devil spinning all over the pitch and deservedly man of the match. Dougie and Bailey also excellent.

Diaby is some player but he's still finding his feet in a positional sense. He'll be scary good when he does.

Special mention to Digne as well. Had loads of space all day but really put in some quality balls.

• Like 3

Dominant performance against a normally physical team.

Once the 4th went in we just played keep ball for the rest of the game. Saves getting any more injuries or putting any more stress on the players.

Mcginn was the instigator for our forward play, but i was an Everton fan, I wouldn't be happy with those goals conceded.

Watkins doing the decent thing and stepping away from taking the penalty, I'm sure if it were 3 nil he would have taken it. Had 2 or 3 great chances but either just wide or just couldn't reach the ball.

Big phil I'm hoping , has a dead leg looking at the replays. However his reaction indicates something far worse.

The only player who looked a bit out of sorts was cash, I'm not saying he played badly, just not as good as the rest I guess ?

Nice to see duran get a goal, in an ideal world, archer would have got 1 as well.

Back to 0 goal difference and 3 points on the board, can't ask for much more than that.

Well done

Couldn't have had a less challenging bounce back game... I was concerned about the aerial bombardment but defence never worried. 

Everton and Wolves could both go down. 

A good recovery from last week’s horror show but I doubt Emery will be completely happy. We lost intensity for some periods in both halves and were a bit sloppy in defence, particularly right side.Really we should have scored more.

Hope Baileys’s injury isn’t too bad. He was looking good before he went off. We have probably seen the last of Coutinho for a while. The injury situation is pretty shite so far this season.

Watkins was poor today as was Archer when he came on. The other subs did well and we clearly have a better equipped squad than last season.

McGinn was MOTM for me, showed great individual skill as well as leadership and drive. Great shifts from Diaby and Digne as well.

• Like 1

Done what we needed to but you could still see the apprehension in parts of our play. Carlos looks a beast of a player , think this back 3 will be the way to go once its settled we won't leak many goals.

Bailey played well, bit of confidence does wonders. Diaby is different gravey. Watkins wasn't at his best , nice goal from Duran.

Not sure how Emery saw the game but I thooght we lost our way once we was 3 up, 😊  Stopped keeping the ball at the back and started to lose the ball more than we should should.

Don't think I have ever seen us in a game like this before , it was so easy for us. 

Coutinho injury aside that couldn't have gone much better. Negative GD wiped out and confidence restored. Goal and assist for Bailey, Duran's first goal for the club and Dougie looking cool from the penalty spot as the new taker.

• Like 2

Â