Ratings & Reactions: Newcastle v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

187 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/08/23 at 22:59

Moreno, Mings, Ramsey, Buendia………..that’s 4 players who you would assume would be in our starting eleven. There replacements are not at the same level and it shows.

Very worried that Mings could be out for a long time because our defence looked completely lost without him.

• Like 2

Absolute f***ing shit show. 

I'm proper angry at that.

Folk will say Newcastle are a great side and that's true enough, but if we want to get to where we want to be they are direct competitors. I don't expect us to beat them, but we need to go toe to toe with them, and that was an utter thrashing.

Players looked half arsed, well they can all f*** off.

Get f***ed Villa.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

Haven't been this depressed and worried about Villa for a long time. Next two games very winnable but mentally it's a long way back from 5-1. 

**** me.

You really don't have to be. All in all we are in a great place. Surely you haven't forgotten 16/17 already? Chin up.

• Like 1

Good to see the bed wetting kicking off after one game!

First game of the season and we were 10% off all over the pitch.  Mings is a big loss and Bailey was awful today, couldn’t hold the ball and fell over when he lost it.

However, it’s one game and hopefully an anomaly that we put right quickly.  Just calm your jets!

• Like 4

A complete shambles and losing Mings. It's like the beginning of last season again.

I fear we don't have the ability to recover from all these setbacks all at the same time

This is Aston Villa. We are a **** disgusting **** football club to support 

It’s no fun being a Villa fan is it? Renewed hope dashed by reality. How often does this happen ? 

Emery has a lot to sort out but I won’t blame him if he becomes yet another manager overwhelmed  by the “Villa disease” 

That was one of the worst performances I have seen for a long time.

Edited by briny_ear

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

Haven't been this depressed and worried about Villa for a long time. Next two games very winnable but mentally it's a long way back from 5-1. 

**** me.

Just hope we bounce back like our talent suggests we can and smash Everton.  We have a great opportunity with a home game against Everton who are not only poor but we are their bogey team.  Time to take advantage of that if I haven’t already jinxed it.

Â