Ratings & Reactions: Newcastle v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

187 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/08/23 at 22:59

Media wankfest will all be about Newcastle , but if Watkins and Cash put those easy chances away then it’s a different result even if we were off it today 

Season doesn’t end after one game , but Bailey and Cash need replacing  and Pau doesn’t look like he has the pace to play this high line unless maybe  it’s a back 3 

Martinez and Diaby the only bright sparks , he looks like he will score double figures 

Hopefully we still have a trick up our sleeve for the rest of the window 

Let’s hope Mings isn’t out for too long , defence looks lost without him

• Like 3

Writing this at 4-1 as the game is done.  I think it will be easy to read too much into this one, we deserved to get beat but not every game is going to be like this.  I feel like the Buendia injury messed with our preparations for the game and the Mings one basically torpedoed it.  How we deal with that going forwards is a question that needs answering but we were in this game right up until Konsa took his eye off the ball and let Isak make it 3-1.   Two of the goals were very tight offsides too.   We need to do something on Monday at Bodymoor Heath, but there is no crisis. 

• Like 1

Why do we have to do this in the first game of every season.

that's 3 years in a row now.

Diabolical.

also, this is exactly why i wasnt keen on all this talk of "top 4, top 6" etc, we had that under gerrard and look how that turned out, i would rather we did our talking on the pitch, we do too much of it off the pitch i reckon.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 2

Â