Ratings & Reactions: Newcastle v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

187 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/08/23 at 22:59

Well, that was an eye opener for the manager. Dreadful team selection, but most concerning is the mentality issue. Not sure how much cash is left but we obviously need to spend it. Sorry for Ming's hope it is not too serious.

Total disaster performance. I thought we wouldn’t get beaten by more than two again under Emery.

The window is open, Monchi needs to get busy as we have had our trousers pulled down today and we have nothing to respond to this. 

Worst performance under Emery, and after last season, preseason and our summer signings that’s sobering. 

Bottom of the league with everything to do.

1 minute ago, Villatillidie95 said:

newcastle have man city and liverpool next, we have everton and burnley....perhaps we can be above them in a couple of games time

We will be. Bad day at the office, but hysteria is over the top, awful game but we're better than that scoreline.

• Like 1

Newcastle were excellent all over the pitch and have shown the league how to shut down our passing movements, bypass the midfield and exploit our defence in the first game of the season...two of our best players out for the season....brill

The inverse relationship between the hope I have and the impending doom of our results and performances is quite remarkable.  Back to fearing the worst 👍

Well I didn’t expect that. 

Given the pre-season optimism and the opposition, that’s the worst and most disappointing result I can remember for a good while. 

We didn’t seem to have the personnel to play the way we wanted to and there were a handful of catastrophic performances (Cash, Bailey and, shockingly, Kamara).

That said, we missed at least two absolute sitters and those Newcastle players looked suspiciously energetic.

I don’t want to get too down on one result, but this is just typical Villa. Get your hopes raised of good things to come, before totally imploding and crushing those hopes.

I am hoping it’s a one off shocker, but the loss of players to long term injury is going to hurt us bad. I thought we could cope with Buendia injury, Mings will be a massive loss for us, he is our lynchpin at the back. ☹️

• Like 1

Â