F: Brentford USA: Sunday July 30 17.00

ender4

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Some fans are insufferable ( Some on here but moreso on other Villa Media )

You'd think we'd just been dumped out of an FA Cup semifinal or something ffs.

Little perspective from multiple aspects.

It's pre season, experimental sides, players joining at different times, some sharper than others etc.

It's all about learning, fitness and tweaking.

Stop taking sense mate, they don’t like it on here. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KMitch said:

On the metro back from the match. Was originally planning on staying for the Chelsea/Fulham match but it’s too damn hot and I’m already getting sunburnt. Had a big problem with people standing in my section of the stadium and the ushers eventually gave up trying to get people to sit, so it turned hostile in the 2nd half with fans yelling at each other. An Englishman behind me was about to throw this drunk idiot in front of us down the stairs because kept waving around his full sized flag and blocking our view. 

Half the stadium was empty for the Villa match, I’m assuming because all the Chelsea plastics couldn’t be bothered to watch “small clubs” like Villa (but I couldn’t be bothered to watch them, so go figure). Lots of Chelsea merchandise being sold in the stadium and I only saw 1 vendor carrying a Villa kit.  Chelsea also had a large presence at the prematch “Fan Zone” booths before the match and were giving out flags and banners to everyone. Huge opportunity for the Villa marketing team for next time. 

I didn’t get a good look at the Konsa challenge for their penalty, was that a stonewall? What a solo goal from Konsa as well. Couldn’t believe what I was watching. It was shades of Hutton against the Blues. Diaby is a special player. You could feel the energy in the stadium every time he got on the ball. 

Overall, it was a good run out and another good preseason performance for the boys. 

Yeah Konsas challenge was careless and unecessary.

Definite pen

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Some fans are insufferable ( Some on here but moreso on other Villa Media )

You'd think we'd just been dumped out of an FA Cup semifinal or something ffs.

Little perspective from multiple aspects.

It's pre season, experimental sides, players joining at different times, some sharper than others etc.

It's all about learning, fitness and tweaking.

I just watched the match and said what i thought about our performance, 

Didn’t realise we were required (not sure why) to censor our thoughts.

On the game. Was entertained. We bossed the first half. Their first goal Schade was offside. VAR would have given us a free kick for offside not a peno. Their second was a stunner though. Some nice passing and ball retention, while being threatening.

Our goals were  very good.  The second half was a disjointed affair due to the numerous subs. Can't really blame the players that came on much. 

Ollie should have scored a brace,  good link up play.

Diaby is a real threat. Took goal well again.

JPB is ready, composed, worked hard, tenacious, skillful. He is ahead of Buendia and Bailey for me.

Midfield 3 ticked over nicely, Kamara looked a frustrated figure at times though.

Starting back four was good. 

Archer looked lively, but maybe trying too hard. 

Buendia was poor, so was Bailey (but this was Bailey's first appearance for us this preseason, and hasn't been back with squad long).

Coutinho is still getting upto speed, he really needs to stay fit this season, if so could be a big player for us. Big if though!

Tielemens is not quite in sync yet.

Konsa goal WOW! 

Starting to come together, looking forward to the new season.

Edited by Philosopher
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

I think we were absolutely excellent in the second part of the first half, but essentially the best team throughout.

As the 'analysts' said at the end, Villa were the most interesting team of this tournament, the one that impressed the most.

Lots to like about us and great to see the players mixing it up in relatively equal fashion.

When our first team play in cooler climes we are finally going to properly shit on some teams. Excited for the new season.

A couple more quality additions would make for a sexy summer, but even without them, we look juicy.

We look so much better than Chelsea who everyone will be talking about and interested in. We are much more complex and you can see the coaching is another level, Emery really is Guardiola lite, I couldn’t be more impressed with what I have seen.

Its been a useful tournament, as Emery says, he prefers games to training, you learn so much more. I think these last three games have answered a few questions.

We have enough to start the season, anything extra will be icing on the cake. I can’t wait!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jacketspuds said:

Ben Mee will end another players career soon enough.

hasn't that been done already?   At least multiple season ending careers.   is there a stat and record for most matches missed due to injury following contact by a single player?

2 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

I just watched the match and said what i thought about our performance, 

Didn’t realise we were required (not sure why) to censor our thoughts.

To be fair, I haven't even seen any of your posts about the match yet, but you've called yourself out lol.

I was browsing Villa Twitter and FB then came back over.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Just now, Philosopher said:

Their first goal Schade was offside

Think he was in their half, so couldn't be off. Their goals had a lot of fortune about them no doubt

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Brentfordnylons said:

He was in his own half,what was fortunate about the 3 goals Bees scored ?

Wouldn’t say fortunate but it’s not often you come up against 2 great strikes like that in one game. Thought you did get a bit lucky with a ricochet for the goal that came off the bar. 

5 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

We were so close it's a bit of a shame we did not go all out to get the, admittedly rather pointless trophy.

Looked to me like we could have done it with being slightly more careful with our substitutes.

As mentioned, it was a furnace, answers a lot about the second half.

Look, we saw peak Villa for 20 minutes, this will be the new normal.

• Like 1

I get it's about fitness etc but that was the exact same standard we were seeing from fully a fit Bailey & Watkins for most of last season (with Watkins of course I mean Finishing wise, he is pretty good at most other stuff). Beundia was back to his wasteful self too, which was also his norm last season. Yes I get he scores a few goals and sets a few up but how many does he cost us with simple passes which he just oddly passes straight to the opposition?  There were many positives too of course, many more positves than negatives but I'm not going to ignore the few negatives I saw just because it's pre-season! I thought the whole idea of pre-season was fitness, working out tactics and identifying weaknesses. So I think it's justified to mention said weaknesses, surely? 

Â