Biggest Villa "villain" in club history ...

Marka Ragnos

i think we need to split staff/managers/owners in to a separate category to players, select one of each maybe.

For a player, for pure longevity of poison, i will go for Gabby.

For a Manager, Gerrard.

For ownership, got to be Xia.

Interesting question and there are so many

Worst for me 

Dr Tony ( complete blagger) by a mile

Gerrard for being a complete fraud of a manager

others for a notable mention

Hodge as I adored him at the time

Delph

Boston Balaban

Doug holding us back 

Lerner for being a silent muppet

Collymore

Tactics Tim for being useless

Platt - just a clearing in the woods of a bloke since leaving

Graham Turner for being shite / Billy Mcneil relegation first time round.

Off the pitch Dr Fraud

Football side is easily Gerrard for bringing shame on the club from offering gangsters Liverpool to insulting Villa heroes in the media so his Sky and Talksport buddies could use Mings as a punching bag. Never mind his attempt at football management

Honourable Mention: Gabby, Richards and Lescott

I don't think Xia should be on the list if I'm honest. He was a complete fraud, and the money probably wasn't real.

But the (Monopoly) money made available to the club after relegation, following Lerner starving Net investment into the side, allowed us to buy up a lot of Championship talent. It was misspent and a bit wasted, but I truly worry what would have happened had Lerner not found a buyer.

Similarly, when it all came crashing down, Xia, or whoever he was a front for, sold up quickly and did a better job of finding a new custodian than Lerner ever did. It may have been D-day on our finances but he could've held on longer, look at SHA

Don't get me wrong. I do not like the guy. But transfer windows became exciting again, he sold us effectively and we'd never have gotten NSWE without Xia.

Owners: Ellis (Narcissist who held the club back and tried to erase our most successful period) & Xia (who nearly wiped the club out altogether)

Managers: Gerrard & Sherwood (Both clueless)

Players: Lescott, Richards, Platt, McAvenie & Hodge stand out the most (Mostly a combination of useless wage thieves and idiots)

• Like 1

As we were asked for a player, I won't mention a certain chairman, owner and the person that the Scottish Stand was for some reason, named after by name, instead I give you a "player":

image.jpeg.e764f025b27baf6621d52fb1cfcf6889.jpeg

Tony and his fat mate, Keith Wyness. Absolutely the worst people involved in the business side of the club. Doug was bad, but he wasn't inept.

On the playing side, Charles N'Zogbia ranks high on the worst list, with notable mentions of Lescott, Richards, and The Snake in recent years. Then before that it's Dwight. I totally and utterly agreed with John Gregory. He did us dirty.

23 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

McAvenie 

What?

Frank McAvenie? 

He wasn't even our player, he was only on trial or maybe loan. 

1 minute ago, rjw63 said:

What?

Frank McAvenie? 

He wasn't even our player, he was only on trial or maybe loan. 

That's him.

He had a brief spell for us when we signed him in 1992, he lasted around 6 months and did absolutely piss all in the 3 games he played before he went back to Celtic.

I don't really know if this is true but Xia took us out of the hands of Lerner not saying Lerner bad just lost interest so we needed new owner, spent millions on the team, buying some players who became heroes, was sending £5m a month from China just to keep the club going until he no longer could because of Chinese government stopped him, when he couldn't support the club no longer instead of hanging on to it - as many predicted for the idea was that as a Chinese man he would be too proud to sell unless to one of his fellow country men but that didn't happen, he sought out our current owners and agreed to sell to them for a cut price deal, stayed with them to keep his promise of getting us back to the Premier League, once he kept his promise he gave the rest of his shares to NSWE so they could use that money to give to Randy who was owed an agreed fee upon promotion.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Certainly not. What did he do wrong? 

If it was the "getting in Wanka Beckham's face" incident I'd give him a medal. 

True, I kinda liked him...

He was hounded out and made a Villain by the Media for sure.

• Like 2

In my time and still the most bizarre, David Unsworth and his wife.

Signs for £4m from West Ham on a Friday, takes him 3 hours to get home that day. Comes in next day and states he’s made a mistake, and now wants to move to Everton.

His wife flatly refused to consider a move to the West Midlands area and within six days, he’s gone. Utter madness.

Something like that anyway and remember quotes from Gregory, where he felt totally insulted and letdown by Unsworth.  

Edited by ferguson1
  • Like 1

Â