Biggest Villa "villain" in club history ...

Marka Ragnos

2 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

He hasn't spoke a good word about the club since he left.

He's a bit of an arse. 

But the mild disdain he seems to have for the club post 91 doesn't diminish his impact on the pitch for us between 88-91. 

He's just got that standard Manc misplaced swagger coupled with delusions of grandeur from his time in Italy. The kind of sad middle-aged tryhard Engish bloke who would sit next to you in a bar and bore you about correct serving suggestions for farfalle (whether you asked or not) and the magic of Umbria. 

On the plus side, he now looks like the back of a spoon. 

Mother Nature always finds a way to even things up. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

What’s this story?

He was filmed doing a happy birthday to a Kinahan cartel member while Villa manager offering him Liverpool tickets

Scumbag was still hanging out with cartel members recently

6 hours ago, useless said:

I don't really know if this is true but Xia took us out of the hands of Lerner not saying Lerner bad just lost interest so we needed new owner, spent millions on the team, buying some players who became heroes, was sending £5m a month from China just to keep the club going until he no longer could because of Chinese government stopped him, when he couldn't support the club no longer instead of hanging on to it - as many predicted for the idea was that as a Chinese man he would be too proud to sell unless to one of his fellow country men but that didn't happen, he sought out our current owners and agreed to sell to them for a cut price deal, stayed with them to keep his promise of getting us back to the Premier League, once he kept his promise he gave the rest of his shares to NSWE so they could use that money to give to Randy who was owed an agreed fee upon promotion.

Agreed entirely

Gerrarrd doesn't belong anywhere on this list, BTW. 

Hopelessly out of his depth, but not a wrong 'un. Chelsea 'wipe the floor with us' oddness apart - he usually spoke well of the club. 

O'Neill (for the manner of his walkout) and O'Leary from fairly recent history would be stand out arsewipes. The latter edges it in the drip, drip drip effect his negative comments had on the morale of players and fanbase over an extended time. Houllier came in in part time consultant mode and thought he was doing us a favour just turning up. 

Herbert missed many opportunities to cement the club truly amongst the elite. I'm sure he loved the club, in his own special way.  I would probably love any entity that made me £30 million richer, too. It's not the same as true fan devotion. As his stints at B-lose and Wolves confirmed. He was just one of those Ken Bates-types that needed the kudos of being associated with a football club. 

Xia engineered a state o' chassis so grave the words 'Aston Villa'  'unpaid tax bill' and 'administration' all appeared in the same sentence. So he takes the cake. The shit-shoed barsteward. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

What did Houllier do wrong? 

Accepted the job but couldn’t be arsed to start immediately (we weren’t a priority) and then when he did manage us proceeded to fawn over Liverpool on his return to Anfield.

Gave the impression he was too good to manage our magnificent club.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Robbie09 said:

Accepted the job but couldn’t be arsed to start immediately (we weren’t a priority) and then when he did manage us proceeded to fawn over Liverpool on his return to Anfield.

Gave the impression he was too good to manage our magnificent club.

Our fans were moaning about 'fawning' over Liverpool the day Trees told us it could be him.

It became such a 'thing'(along with his age and health issues) that anything in that Liverpool game would've set the fanbase off.

Houllier answered questions about a previous club with positivity and waved to their fans when they sang his name.

We lost our collective minds over it and treated him.horribly. I've never felt particularly bad for a football manager - but the game at (I think) Bolton that year, was rank

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He was filmed doing a happy birthday to a Kinahan cartel member while Villa manager offering him Liverpool tickets

Scumbag was still hanging out with cartel members recently

Probably wrong place for it, but I can honestly say I’ve never heard of Kinahan cartel 

Just now, mikeyp102 said:

Probably wrong place for it, but I can honestly say I’ve never heard of Kinahan cartel 

They are one of Europe's biggest gangs. Boxing have tried to ban them

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HolteExile said:

Gerrarrd doesn't belong anywhere on this list, BTW. 

Hopelessly out of his depth, but not a wrong 'un. Chelsea 'wipe the floor with us' oddness apart - he usually spoke well of the club. 

Pronably the biggest scumbag ever associated with us footballwise. His gangster connections plus happy to get rid of Luiz and Mings. People laughed at Targett for leaving but this word removed showed why he was right

An absolute wrong un'

31 minutes ago, Zatman said:

They are one of Europe's biggest gangs. Boxing have tried to ban them

Are they the same ones who threatened to knee cap him if he moved to Chelski so he cancelled his transfer ?

He's vile and should never have been allowed near our club, hopefully he will go to Leeds and relegate them.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, HolteExile said:

O'Neill (for the manner of his walkout)

I might be getting soft in my old age but I really forgave him for that after hearing him say last year how much he has regretted it ever since and it was his greatest mistake. Just let pride get in his own way. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

'Mr Villa' himself partying and doing nitrous oxide on the evening we got relegated will never be forgotten.

Aston Villa Suspend Gabby Agbonlahor While Club Investigate Tabloid 'Hippy  Crack Binge' Reports | Who Ate all the Pies

Great suggestion!

2 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

Man, the abuse he got was outrageous from our fans. I was so disappointed in us for how we treated him. 

We had zero idea how bad things were going to get and believed we should be at the top of the table still.

I felt so bad for the guy. I can't believe some still look down on him knowing how the rest of that decade played out. 

That was the season I got super serious about Villa, not missing any games etc. I joined Villa Facebook groups and was just appalled by our fans. Proper xenophobic too. The guy was trying to change our club for the better and though there were some teething problems it was clear what he was trying to do. Instead of giving him time to do it we just abused the hell out of him. Very sad.

• Like 2

The Houllier season was a bit odd. It looked like he was trying to create a certain style and in the nick of time it all started to click and we did enough to stay up and finish 9th. It all come to a halt though as was to ill to carry on 

Â