Biggest Villa "villain" in club history ...

Marka Ragnos

17 hours ago, zab6359 said:

Micah Richards, I absolutely hate that man hate him! Was a disease to the club. 

Was he? Yet everything you read is that he was such a positive influence to players. Yes he was on a lot of money and was injured, but he can’t help that.  There were a lot worse players in the squad at the time than Richards, just off the top of my head…

Bacuna - fought his team mates on the pitch, pushed a linesman, posting videos going round bham airport in a scooter short time after games

Lescott - the car picture

Gabby - Mr Aston Villa who put in zero effort, who deliberately laughed at managers and refused to do what they asked.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Was he? Yet everything you read is that he was such a positive influence to players. Yes he was on a lot of money and was injured, but he can’t help that.  There were a lot worse players in the squad at the time than Richards, just off the top of my head…

Bacuna - fought his team mates on the pitch, pushed a linesman, posting videos going round bham airport in a scooter short time after games

Lescott - the car picture

Gabby - Mr Aston Villa who put in zero effort, who deliberately laughed at managers and refused to do what they asked.

Yes 

Can remember watching villa play kiddy harriers pre season and Richards made a rare appearance

Was stood next to 2 Bristol City scouts, they had the club tops on, my cousin was leaning over their shoulder to read their phone screens to try and see which villa player they were interested in.... And their WhatsApp was just full of comments and jokes about how fat Richards was

• Like 1

On 09/06/2023 at 16:27, Follyfoot said:

Noel Blake 

'You've got to pick a pocket or two' 

And his pal, Robert Hopkins who used to turn up for training in his Blues top. Horrible little shite, I remember Brittle sticking one on him in the town.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, useless said:

Whatever Xia's role was in our gloomy first six months of 2018 I hope he's not in peril in Chinese prison, would like to see him tweet again just to know he's okay. And not being facetious there, apparently he is or was in Chinese prison.

He was arrested after six months detention in 2021. 

https://www.scmp.com/sport/china/article/3120884/ex-aston-villa-owner-tony-xia-detained-six-months-arrest-report

difficult to find out anything about his current whereabouts. 

• Shocked 1

A few months back I saw a small heath blogger/journalist Almajir who's pretty clued up with what's going on in China on the football side of things, reference him being in jail, and didn't look like he was being flippant, not sure if he was referring to the above or if something else has happened since. Doesn't look good for Xia either way.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/06/2023 at 19:44, TheStagMan said:

No, I cannot agree with this, he was a charlatan and a liar from day 1. He was simply a front for *someone*. 

He had no financial nouse whatsoever and pretty much all of his backstory was picked apart pretty easily. Billionaire my hairy arse.

He pretty much bankrupted this club, to the stage we were taking out loans against future income from player sales and mortgages on 3 bed semis in Erdington. We were a couple of weeks away from having no club anymore.

He had no clue what he was doing and probably did not have any money. 

He sold in the nick of time because he had to. He did not keep any promises at all, he kept a stake in the club to try and recoup some money. Ultimately he did not "give" the shares to NSWE to pay Learner, they basically took them to pay Randy as they felt it was Xia's debt, not theirs or the club's. I remember an article about it at the time. 

Plus he talked bollocks about theme parks and tweeted stupid cryptic emojis all the time. 

It's a stain on Villa's history that we were duped by this utter con artist.

Scary to think where we would be had we won that play off final with Xia and Wyness remaining in control. 

Losing 1-0 to Fulham was one of the greatest results for the club in its recent history. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Scary to think where we would be had we won that play off final with Xia and Wyness remaining in control. 

Losing 1-0 to Fulham was one of the greatest results for the club in its recent history. 

losing to Fulham has led to 2 of greatest moments in Villa recent history.

Getting NSWE and then sacking the clearing in the woods and hire Unai

• Like 3

On 12/06/2023 at 14:17, HalfTimePost said:

Moreira

Beye, Unsworth, Lescott, Stevens

Sylla, Holman

N'Zogbia,   Tonev,    Dawkins

Balaban

Bench: Marshall, Richards, Curtis Davies, Djemba-Djemba, Curcic, Berson, Pires, Bowery, Baston

Based on the above I think I'm older than you, so I present:

(I've gone for players who all, at some time or another, played at a decent level but were a complete waste of a shirt at Villa.......)

1. Les Sealey (RIP)

2. Habib Beye   3. Noel Blake   4. Joleon Lescott  5. David Unsworth  

6. Steve Hodge   7. Tommy Craig    11 Sasa Curcic

8. Robert Hopkins   9. Tony Cascarino   10. Nigel Callahan

Subs:

GK: Mervyn Day. 

ST: Frank Macavennie, Chris Sutton, Grant "proper man" Holt, Bosko Balaban. 

MF: Djemba Twins, Leandro "Champions League" Bacuna.

DF: Kieran Richardson, Steve Foster,

Honorable Mentions to: Richard Dunne/James Collins (both were OK for a year but then disgraced themselves by disrespecting a club legend).

Edited by FLVillan
addition
  • Like 1

Â