Biggest Villa "villain" in club history ...

Marka Ragnos

Who do you consider the most interestingly difficult, useless, villainous, overly selfish, reckless, ungrateful, dishonest, or otherwise problematic player in Villa history? This is absolutely not meant to denigrate or attack any individual, living or dead, but really merely to look at Villa's various amazing casts of player-characters over the years, perhaps even with a begrudging sense of affection for these difficult ones. Indeed, this person might simply be a lot more interesting and a lot more fun than the average virtuous player--and a better player, too. It could be someone who was "a problem" during their time playing for Villa, or someone who, post-Villa, went on to bring infamy and ignominy to themselves or the badge. Who's your greatest Villa Villain?*

* Inspired by a recent Claret & Blue podcast

Edited by Marka Ragnos

Honestly can’t see how this can’t be Ellis. 

Narcissistic areshole that tried to wipe our greatest achievement from our history. In recent years I’ve come to loathe parisites like Gabby, but this clearing in the woods will always be hated. 

rocket polisher 

13 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Who do you consider the most interestingly difficult, useless, villainous, overly selfish, reckless, ungrateful, dishonest, or otherwise problematic player in Villa history? This is absolutely not meant to denigrate or attack any individual, living or dead, but really merely to look at Villa's various amazing casts of player-characters over the years, perhaps even with a begrudging sense of affection for these difficult ones. Indeed, this person might simply be a lot more interesting and a lot more fun than the average virtuous player--and a better player, too. It could be someone who was "a problem" during their time playing for Villa, or someone who, post-Villa, went on to bring infamy and ignominy to themselves or the badge. Who's your greatest Villa Villain?*

* Inspired by a recent Claret & Blue podcast

what minute is this question at in this podcast?

13 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

what minute is this question at in this podcast?

It's only "inspired by," not a direct question -- in the 26th minute the guys talk about some difficult or interesting managers and players who would make fascinating subjects for interviews. Starting about here: 

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Thanks 1

Doug Ellis. Took over when the club was at it's peak and penny pinched when we should have been maintaining our position, from which we've never recovered.

Player wise, the player who rinsed the most money for worst overall effort is probably Richards, at least Gabby while a waste of oxygen for the last few years was at least somewhat effective for a while.

• Like 1

It’s before my time as a supporter but I think I’ve seen Steve Hodge’s name mentioned once or twice in relation to this sort of thing.

Fabian Delph. I don’t mind him going to City, they way he did wasn’t great.

Ross McCormack. Utter waste of money and space.

Ellis and Xia will both be (un)popular names.

Steve Hodge from when I was younger, We have had numerous from the relegation years later on.

Edited by NeilS
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, choffer said:

🇨🇳👨‍⚕️🛎️🔚👍

Worse thing is the bell end has that audacity to celebrate the play off final win like if he has made any meaningful contribution towards it. Given the fact he is in house arrest now I have no doubt he was just using the club as some laundering schemes or just chancing it to expand his dormant empire. Right word removed. Dr snooker

Randy Lerner has got to be in with a shout. Started so well then mismanaged us to relegation, sold us to a complete chancer who nearly had the club wound-up.

Dark times. 

• Like 2

Might be controversial I'd say Xia, he could've killed us. Lerner over-promised, under-delivered..

Player wise Collymore or Richards (although I quite like his tv persona).

Â