Pau Torres

Delphinho123

On 15/08/2023 at 13:18, PeterSw said:

Between him, Carlos and Konsa, we need one of them to find their voice and step up into the leadership/organiser role at the back to replace Mings. Nothing better than hearing Ty calling out in that booming voice of his. Konsa and Torres seem more quiet types 

Maybe we can get Ty a seat behind Emis goal to shout instructions😝

Thought he did well overall and looks a natural with the ball. 

Hope people don’t slate him too hard when he loses an eventual header. Not going to be his forte, needs to make sure his positioning is superb when contesting. 

3 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

Thought he did well overall and looks a natural with the ball. 

Hope people don’t slate him too hard when he loses an eventual header. Not going to be his forte, needs to make sure his positioning is superb when contesting. 

He did OK but he was shocking for that Danjuma chance

• Like 1

Probably the best centerback I have seen at Villa with possession. Think he will have some poor moments defending, especially 1v1, but will be a huge net positive in our overall play. 

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He did OK but he was shocking for that Danjuma chance

tbf i thought Danjuma was very dangerous a few times, but ye, i think its clear Pau can be turned fairly easily.

Hopefully its just settling in, only 1.5 games in to the PL experience for him, prob a bit different pace wise for him.

very good on the ball tho, sublime.

He's an important cog, even if he's not as strong defensively as Ty, it hopefully shouldn't matter as much if we can dominate the ball more and build from the back similarly to Man City, who have had a huge array of centre halves under Pep who look average defensively but strong in posession.

I do think he's going to struggle 1 on 1, was done a bit too easily for that particular chance but on the ball he's miles ahead of our defenders and that's the whole reason we signed him. 

• Like 1

Â