Pau Torres

Delphinho123

39 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm wondering if we should go Torres, Carlos, and Konsa at RB for solidity.

I’d do this against Everton given it’s a dyche team and they’ll put pressure on us aerially. That’s supposedly Pau’s weakness so it makes sense to bring in Carlos to compensate. Alternatively you could put chambers in at right back to help in some respect 

• Like 1

Just now, PieFacE said:

Looks slow. And for a team that plays a high line that's not good.

Newcastle have a very rapid frontline these days.

Everton and Burnley not so much so have to give him time to add to premier league.

I thought his passing was good at times so that's actually a key part of stuff we need to do to get to next level eventually, have CBs who can link up with midfield and even the forward line.

I don’t think you can read anything into today’s performance. He’s clearly very very good on the ball, that was obvious, but the defensive qualities will require him to form an understanding with the rest of the back line, to learn how to impose himself vocally, etc - all of that will take time.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Konsa needs to act as the senior defender but don't think it's in his character either.

Surely that should be the older Spanish international with Champions League experience

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, villan95 said:

Did Emery not play a high line at Villarreal with Pau?

PL is a whole different animal. Diaby got chased down by center back today. Everyone is fast. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Surely that should be the older Spanish international with Champions League experience

His English is pretty limited I think currently so it won't be in depth instructions to a teammate during a break in play that Mings would offer.

1 minute ago, Rightdm00 said:

PL is a whole different animal. Diaby got chased down by center back today. Everyone is fast. 

PL may be quicker but I still think Pau will cope with it. I don't think he's a slouch by any means.

That was Gordon who chased after Diaby if we're thinking of the same incident. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

His English is pretty limited I think currently so it won't be in depth instructions to a teammate during a break in play that Mings would offer.

Depends what nationality his teammates are...........

With Martinez behind him, Moreno on one side and Carlos (yes, I know he speaks Portuguese and not Spanish) and potentially a Spanish right back on the other, I suspect he'll get on OK. Yes in other cases there'll be a barrier, but it's surmountable.

43 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Luck that Dinge, Carlos, Luiz , Martinez all speak Spanish then.

1 minute ago, DeepDish said:

I think he will need 3-4 months before being up to the standards we need in this league. As with most of the defenders we buy from Primera.

I believe that would have been the plan unfortunately we don’t have that luxury anymore.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DeepDish said:

I think he will need 3-4 months before being up to the standards we need in this league. As with most of the defenders we buy from Primera.

Moreno didn't take that long.

7 hours ago, DeepDish said:

I’d hope a £35m defender adapts quicker than that. 

8 hours ago, duke313 said:

If it wasn’t for Pau, Emi would have been sent off for that tackle on Almiron.

Nah. There were three defenders back, and the Newcastle player was heading to the corner. It was never a red card

• Like 1

Â