Pau Torres

Delphinho123

28 minutes ago, Oaks said:

Reading some of this thread you would believe Torres cant defend and Mings was a clobbber who cant pass the ball.The truth is Torres is a very good defender with some weaknesses, and Mings is good with the ball at his feet just not as good as Torres. Some very odd takes in this thread

I can’t wait to see them on the pitch at the same time.

38 minutes ago, Oaks said:

Reading some of this thread you would believe Torres cant defend and Mings was a clobbber who cant pass the ball.The truth is Torres is a very good defender with some weaknesses, and Mings is good with the ball at his feet just not as good as Torres. Some very odd takes in this thread

Ain’t that the way fella

2 hours ago, Oaks said:

I don’t think anyone has said much bad about Mings to be honest, just that he’s not as good with the ball at his feet as Torres

• Like 1

The whole who's better debate between Ty and Pau is kind of pointless, different styles of defender. Also it ignores and dismisses the talent these guys have to face… mistakes happen, even to the very best defenders… Emi is the best keeper in the world but still can make a mistake. Would be great if a Ezri, Ty and Pau system somehow could work. Also worth remembering this is Pau’s first season in a new league and new country., considering I think he’s overall been phenomenal. 

I think we'll see a lot of Konsa/Mings/Torres back 3 combinations next season if Ty can get back to form before the injury. 

Konsa at RB and an attacking LB or Torres at LB and an attacking RB playing 3241 in attack

• Like 2

We turning on one of best players this season because an established player might  be back in the fold next season?

Nope, I'd have a squad with both of them beautiful bastards in all day every day. They're different players, but both have attributes that we should be utilising.

20 hours ago, Oaks said:

The truth is Torres is a very good defender with some weaknesses.

Can't have that.

He's an average PL 'defender' at best. Distressingly slow and weak. Fails to cut out plenty of threats in his vicinity.

No argument on the ball he's fantastic. He's that good the confidence emanates from him to the rest of the side - very important to us.

Â