Pau Torres

Delphinho123

If you watch the 442 football video on youtube why we signed Moussa Diaby the presenter states that Pau is the perfect defender to buy to make the most of Diabys assets. The clever balls through midfield will make the most of his pace and movement. Its almost like we have bought the 2 of them for that specific reason.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

A v v talented footballer.Smooth as silk. 

One question: Why does his expression always look like a picture of someone who is missing? There’s a sort of sadness to him

DAC10545-AD0A-4813-AA5B-AC91FE9024F1.jpeg

DB268483-5CE0-4E35-9213-49F57CD44F47.jpeg

Must admit I have thought the same, there is a slight air of melancholy...

Now there's a word not often seen on these boards...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Must admit I have thought the same, there is a slight air of melancholy...

Now there's a word not often seen on these boards...

He's just Pauting.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

If you watch the 442 football video on youtube why we signed Moussa Diaby the presenter states that Pau is the perfect defender to buy to make the most of Diabys assets. The clever balls through midfield will make the most of his pace and movement. Its almost like we have bought the 2 of them for that specific reason.

Seen him try these passes quite a few times already. Sadly they've not come off yet but will do in time. More of an issue Diaby controlling the ball rather than Pau's ability to pass. 

4 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Well the aim is to play the ball into our two 10s in between the lines. If we can do that from CB or we do it via our 6s. If we can't get it into their feet we use the wide areas. The back 3 in build up play gives the LCB or RCB the angles to get balls into the 10s. So we have the deep playmaker we need in Pau

Good video about ball playing CBs. The last player Bastoni is very very much a player like Pau, their stats are nearly identical and their style is very very similar. We move to a back 3 in possession with Pau in LCB.

Also interesting for those who look at Diaz, Konsa and Carlos both have high pass completion % from keeping it simple. So they would play base of the 3 

On 20/08/2023 at 17:10, Farlz said:

I do think he's going to struggle 1 on 1, was done a bit too easily for that particular chance but on the ball he's miles ahead of our defenders and that's the whole reason we signed him. 

I thought the same, early opinion is that he would be best in back 3 where he isn’t the organiser like Mings would be. Maybe that’s Carlos while he’s out?

Not sure if we can utilise him like Stones at Man city? Whatever way we go I’ll trust Unai to use him in the best way for Villa. 

The Conductor.

His ability to angle his body and then manipulate defenders to pass it to the open man is the key reason Emery was so eager to pick him up. If opponents continue standing off him, he will tear these teams apart.

I only wish Mings was healthy as he might be the defender needed against teams when we're under the kosh, but in possession - Pau is pulling all of the strings.

4 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

I only wish Mings was healthy as he might be the defender needed against teams when we're under the kosh, but in possession - Pau is pulling all of the strings.

Mings in the middle and his recovery speed would have complimented him very well imo, such a big loss 

21 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

He's clearly a classy player but I still have concerns about his physicality. I feel opposition teams will target him and he'll just get overpowered.

We're really gonna miss Mings I fear.

Target him with what though? Not that many teams in the league have a big, powerful striker and if they want to do a Big Sam/Chris Samba I'm sure we'll appreciate the space left behind.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Target him with what though? Not that many teams in the league have a big, powerful striker and if they want to do a Big Sam/Chris Samba I'm sure we'll appreciate the space left behind.

Isolate him against a quick forward or alternatively get very tight when he's in possession.

We've already seen him get done a couple of times with quick one-twos.

Maybe my concerns are misplaced and all I'm seeing is a player getting up-to-speed in a new league.

Edited by jimmygreaves
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

pace, Danjuma did him once at the weekend and even a Hibs lad outpaced him tonight. 

His passing is ace though

• Like 1

He's not great in the air and he's lightning slow - but somehow he's a very, very good defender, and that's before we come onto his ability with the ball.

He'll get embarrassed against some massive, superquick athlete at some point this season, but I reckon he'll be alright.

• Like 1

Â