Europa Conference League 23/24

HalfTimePost

56 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Phwoar how sexy is he!

That’s just what happens to us handsome Scandi men. We get hotter the older we get. 

• Haha 1

Never realised that there is actually a decent chunk of change here to be earned if you go all the way to the final.

Via Competition, TV and so on, allegedly circa 20 mill?

So not really to be scoffed at, this pays 1 or 2 top players wages IMO.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Never realised that there is actually a decent chunk of change here to be earned if you go all the way to the final.

Via Competition, TV and so on, allegedly circa 20 mill?

So not really to be scoffed at, this pays 1 or 2 top players wages IMO.

Or half a season for Digne

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Reading about how this competition works is bewildering 

I think what happens is you play various teams and if you're handed the cup at the end you've won.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Zatman said:

We are waiting for the result of the Turkish Cup final to see if we are seeded

Relying on results elsewhere has taken another twist 😂

I am also now invested in the Swiss Super League and Basel not finishing 5th 😁

This is too much like hard work. Think I’m just going to Wait for the draw on August 7th.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

I am also now invested in the Swiss Super League and Basel not finishing 5th 😁

This is too much like hard work. Think I’m just going to Wait for the draw on August 7th.

Nah this is great, we've got another week of football results to be invested in before the ECL play-offs even begin.

Then I'm hoping we can end up in a group with my wife's team, Raków Częstochowa, the new Polish Estraklasa champions. It has taken a little bit of research and I had to earn a degree in quantum physics along the way to make sense of it but I think I've figured it out:

• If they lose their CL 1st qualifying round they end up in the ECL 2nd qualifying round Champions path (unless they are lucky enough to be one of the 2/16 teams who just get a bye to the 3rd qualifying round of course).
  • Or if they lose in the CL 2nd qualifying round then they end up in the EL 3rd qualifying round. Lose that too and they're in the ECL play-off round, potential tie vs us there.
  • Or if they lose in the CL 3rd qualifying round they end up in the EL play-off round (also if they win the EL 3rd qualifying round). Lose that and they're straight in the ECL group stages. Potential ties vs us.
Edited by fightoffyour

23 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Nah this is great, we've got another week of football results to be invested in before the ECL play-offs even begin.

Then I'm hoping we can end up in a group with my wife's team, Raków Częstochowa, the new Polish Estraklasa champions. It has taken a little bit of research and I had to earn a degree in quantum physics along the way to make sense of it but I think I've figured it out:

• If they lose their CL 1st qualifying round they end up in the ECL 2nd qualifying round Champions path (unless they are lucky enough to be one of the 2/16 teams who just get a bye to the 3rd qualifying round of course).
  • Or if they lose in the CL 2nd qualifying round then they end up in the EL 3rd qualifying round. Lose that too and they're in the ECL play-off round, potential tie vs us there.
  • Or if they lose in the CL 3rd qualifying round they end up in the EL play-off round (also if they win the EL 3rd qualifying round). Lose that and they're straight in the ECL group stages. Potential ties vs us.

Quantum physics huh? I'm now thinking that if none of us watch the conference league we will be in a superposition state where we have both won it and not won it at the same time.

Edited by Lichfield Dean
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Quantum physics huh? I'm now thinking that if none of us watch the conference league we will be in a superposition state where we have both won it and not won it at the same time.

Schrödinger's Europa Conference League

• Haha 2

Not a serious complaint about the format  or the publicity about it all at all but feels a bit wrong to say we've got European football when actually, we're only guaranteed one match outside of England next season. I think I'll feel like we haven't really 'made it' until we win that play-off.

• Like 3

I can see Archer scoring for fun in this, assuming we get past the qualifying round.

If we can get to the group stages and have a bit of a run in the domestic cups we could be looking at 20 or so additional games next season, there should be ample opportunities for Aaron Ramsey and Archer, not sure if much else of the youth is ready for the step up.

Good news for Duran too you’d think.

• Like 1

Last day of the Swiss league kicking off in 15 minutes. Got LiveScore notifications.

Grasshopper can help ensure we are seeded for ECL play-ff round by beating Basel so they don't qualify, or drawing and Zurich or St. Gallen win to take 5th.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jayEm said:

Not a serious complaint about the format  or the publicity about it all at all but feels a bit wrong to say we've got European football when actually, we're only guaranteed one match outside of England next season. I think I'll feel like we haven't really 'made it' until we win that play-off.

Yeah I'm the same. I'm a little disappointed in that there's another 2 games I have to be nervous about. 

I thought we were just in it.