Europa Conference League 23/24

HalfTimePost

4 hours ago, AVTuco said:

Maybe I understand what we're getting into during the summer. Right now I have no idea. I suppose if we win we get to the next round. That'll do.

It's a two legged play off in August. One of the weeks is when we'd be playing league cup so we get a bye into the next round now as do the other premier league european teams.

• Like 2

Just another reason why the Europa Conference league is important to Villa. 

Winning it will make us around £17m in TV/prize money and around £5m from extra matchday revenue.  £22m extra for a club with Villa's revenue is massive, starts to close that gap to the bigger boys.

Play-off round

€750,000

Group stage qualification

€2.94m

Match won in group stage

€500,000

Match drawn in group stage

€166,000

1st in group stage

€650,000

2nd in group stage

€325,000

Knockout round play-offs

€300,000

Round of 16

€600,000

Quarter-final

€1m

Semi-final

€2m

Runner-up

€3m

Champion

€5m

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/europa-conference-league-prize-money-how-much-winners-get/bltbd8cb488feb8561f

5 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

When is the first game scheduled for? 

First round - 24th and 31st August.

Group Stage:

Matchday 1: 21 September 2023
Matchday 2: 5 October 2023
Matchday 3: 26 October 2023
Matchday 4: 9 November 2023
Matchday 5: 30 November 2023
Matchday 6: 14 December 2023

Round of 16: 7 and 14 March 2024
Quarter-finals: 11 and 18 April 2024
Semi-finals: 2 and 9 May 2024
Final: 29 May 2024

Edited by ender4
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, brommy said:

You sound surprised, yet our European qualification has been well discussed.

Conference doesn't excite me.

Obviously hope we win it but I mainly look at it as an additional ticket to get Europa League.

2 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Conference doesn't excite me.

Obviously hope we win it but I mainly look at it as an additional ticket to get Europa League.

Probably not the best thread for you then.

• Like 4

It's a non-thinking mind that looks at this and thinks negatively. We got a valuable reward for our efforts, something Unai can use to show the players that hard work pays off - he has demonstrated his philosophy in action. And we have momentum, heck it might even be a persuading factor for some important players this window. I'm certain we'll get to the group stage and I can guarantee anyone struggling to get into this now, will be very into it when the games come around. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Are you on a one man negativity rampage at the moment? Is it all just too positive for you or something? 

Sorry but it's mickey mouse cup.

Excited about the prospect of us trying to break into that top 4 which I look at a real possibility under Emery.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Excited about the prospect of us trying to break into that top 4 which I look at a real possibility under Emery.

On 23/05/2023 at 12:49, Pinebro said:

We can label ourselves a big club if we look at top 4 as an achievement and success.

Which is it? 

18 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

My goodness dude, where did you get this level of entitlement from? 🤣

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

First round - 24th and 31st August.

Group Stage:

Matchday 1: 21 September 2023
Matchday 2: 5 October 2023
Matchday 3: 26 October 2023
Matchday 4: 9 November 2023
Matchday 5: 30 November 2023
Matchday 6: 14 December 2023

Round of 16: 7 and 14 March 2024
Quarter-finals: 11 and 18 April 2024
Semi-finals: 2 and 9 May 2024
Final: 29 May 2024

Key then is to get through play offs and then wrap up qualification by matchday 4 as we don't really want to be putting out full 11s going into December as that's a very congested part of the season and think there's a midweek prem round scheduled next season for December on top of the xmas period.

Gap then to March is also good as pretty sure when we had the Moscow surrender those games were played in February so was clashing with FA cup aswell.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Key then is to get through play offs and then wrap up qualification by matchday 4 as we don't really want to be putting out full 11s going into December as that's a very congested part of the season and think there's a midweek prem round scheduled next season for December on top of the xmas period.

Gap then to March is also good as pretty sure when we had the Moscow surrender those games were played in February so was clashing with FA cup aswell.

I honestly just want to get past that play off round before we look too far ahead. I’m still scarred from the Stevenage game.

• Like 2