Europa Conference League 23/24

HalfTimePost

2 hours ago, Rustibrooks said:

the fact i just spent 5 minutes reading that, and had to re-read parts to get my head round it, tells me that is a hugely overcomplicated competition.

Could they have made it any more complicated!?

• Like 2

St. Gallen are winning 2-0 already so they're 5th as it stands whilst Basel vs Grasshoppers remains goalless. Zurich unfortunately 1 down but that would just be a cushion for SG not winning.

Edited by fightoffyour

4 minutes ago, bobzy said:

...why are we cheering on St Gallen again? 😐 

I believe we want basel to not finish 5th. St Gallen currently winning puts them in 5th instead. Basel currently drawing though so could easily change. It is so we become seeded and not unseeded in the draw. I think we have other chances though depending on some of the other leagues not finished yet

Edited by TheMightyVillans
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, TheMightyVillans said:

I believe we want basel to not finish 5th. St Gallen currently winning puts them in 5th instead. Basel currently drawing though so could easily change. It is so we become seeded and not unseeded in the draw. I think we have other chances though depending on some of the other leagues not finished yet

Ohhhhh, the seeding :D 

Edited by bobzy

See also that Juventus are currently in the Europa Conference spot in Serie A. There is a huge possibility that they could be excluded from UEFA competitions next season due to their recent misgivings. That ruling will take place in June sometime.