Europa Conference League 23/24

HalfTimePost

34 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

Already told my boss that in 12 months time he could be given short notice of annual leave, so I can fly to Europe to watch Villa in the Conference League Final.

You have to dream.

Forget the boss it's the wife I've got to try and tell 

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Forget the boss it's the wife I've got to try and tell 

Just tell her you’ve booked a romantic couple of days away, You’ll be in the good books, she might even let you DHUTWU. 

Then when you get there just play dumb ‘I wonder why are there so many Villa fans here’ 🤣

When are we due to play our qualifiers? It's after the season starts by looks of it from West Ham's game. 

I'm told it's seeded so we should play a weaker team. 

What's great about this competition is it's very winnable for us and gets us a top seeding in the Europa League the following season. 

Our performance in it also helps PL get an extra CL place as that's done on how all teams perform in Europe from PL

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

As long as we’re seeded, the play off doesn’t worry me. I don’t much fancy playing Juve to get into the group stages..

Yeah it should be a game we're heavy favourites for based on seeding. 

We can add a decent amount of prize money too from this. Especially when adding in match day revenue. Like £20m+ if we win it basically 

37 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

As long as we’re seeded, the play off doesn’t worry me. I don’t much fancy playing Juve to get into the group stages..

There still looked some tasty ones, wouldn't really want besiktas

• Like 1

Looking at this seeding criteria and the levels of team we could play in a qualifier I'm quite glad we got conference for our first time back.

I'd imagine the levels of teams we could play in the europa league could be frightening without seeding. 

2 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

Not sure if already posted but this is a great twitter account to follow European qualified teams

Not sure how they can already state the seeded teams without the prior qualifying rounds having happened?  Unless that's the maximum coefficient for each "spot" and that get retained?

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Not sure how they can already state the seeded teams without the prior qualifying rounds having happened?  Unless that's the maximum coefficient for each "spot" and that get retained?

I think that is it. 

19 minutes ago, bobzy said:

It's an educated guess basically based on liklihood of teams progressing 

11 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Imagine after all this we lose to Rapid Wien in the play-offs 😂

It's written in the stars isn't it? Might as well just book flights now