Europa Conference League 23/24

HalfTimePost

When we win this next season, quality for the Europa League? Then when we win that we'll be in the Champions League? Sorted. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Well let’s hope. But if they don’t  and they finish 7th in the league, they will push us from seeded to unseeded due to a higher ranking. I think. I’m no expert, up until about an hour ago, I thought we were already in the group stages.

i dont want to jinx it, but Sevilla would be going some to finish 7th.

A lot of results would have to go badly for them to get that 7th spot.

Athletico, Girona and Osasuna would all have to fail to win their final game, and Rayo would need to also do worse than them.

image.png.73fa32ba1ea5d46698f10f1e5124c292.png

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

When we win this next season, quality for the Europa League? Then when we win that we'll be in the Champions League? Sorted. 

We should focus everything on the European competitions. Just need to win like 30 games and we lift the big boy. Simultaneously champions of Europe and relegated to League Two in 2026

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Sorry if already covered but how does this work now? Do we have to play any qualification games or do we go straight into the groups?

im no expert as im trying to figure it out myself....but

i think...................

4 qualifying rounds, we go in at the fourth and final qualifying round.

I assume if we are seeded, we play one of the lesser teams who qualified for the final round via the 3 other knockouts.

If we arent seeded, i guess we could end up playing a big team like.....Juventus? (if they qualify).

the teams that win the fourth and final knockout, go to the league.

Qualify from the league, back to the knockout towards the final.

hopefully we are seeded.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Europa_Conference_League

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Really hope we can win a trophy next season. Can't wait to draw Rapid Vienna in the playoff round and somehow fall flat on our face again!

In all seriousness, we'll be 1st/2nd favourites. Juventus look destined for a season of transition after the utter turmoil off the pitch. 

Edited by wishywashy
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

Really hope we can win a trophy next season. Can't wait to draw Rapid Vienna in the playoff round and somehow fall flat on our face again!

In all seriousness, we'll be 1st/2nd favourites. Juventus look destined for a season of transition after the utter turmoil off the pitch. 

We won our last trophy on penalties against Juventus

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

The most beautiful name for a thread that I’ve ever seen. That is all. 

Certainly the best title since the days I was posting updates about our UEFA coefficient.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

After everything that's happened over the past 6 years, I think a trophy coming down to penalties might actually put most of us in the grave. All of us if it's anything like Emery's 11-10 Villarreal Europa League win

• Like 1

According to Transfermarkt our squad is worth more than Juventus. This competition is obviously full of banana peels, but the average team we'll play will be worse than the average team we play in the PL, and the best teams won't be better than the top 6 or 7 PL teams. We can and should absolutely win this. It's been too long in between trophies.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

According to Transfermarkt our squad is worth more than Juventus. This competition is obviously full of banana peels, but the average team we'll play will be worse than the average team we play in the PL, and the best teams won't be better than the top 6 or 7 PL teams. We can and should absolutely win this. It's been too long in between trophies.

I don’t know who’s in it but we would be one of the favourites so we should get at least to the quarters

7 hours ago, thejoker said:

Juventus currently in 7th in Serie A (presuming 7th will get Conference over there too) after points deduction. 

Will be either juve or roma from italy

5 hours ago, MaVilla said:

im no expert as im trying to figure it out myself....but

i think...................

4 qualifying rounds, we go in at the fourth and final qualifying round.

I assume if we are seeded, we play one of the lesser teams who qualified for the final round via the 3 other knockouts.

If we arent seeded, i guess we could end up playing a big team like.....Juventus? (if they qualify).

the teams that win the fourth and final knockout, go to the league.

Qualify from the league, back to the knockout towards the final.

hopefully we are seeded.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Europa_Conference_League

Can we loan Januzaj though?

5 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Aston Villa win Cup of Traditions Aston Villa Football Club ...

How dare you forget the internationally coveted "Cup of Traditions"!!!  

Side note:  Whenever I think about that Peace Cup shootout, all I'm reminded about was Nigel Reo Coker hogging the trophy from the rest of the squad and staring at it like it was the World Cup.  Poor guy...  That Gerrard FA Cup Final performance against West Ham really traumatized him!  

Edited by KMitch
  • Haha 1