Europa Conference League 23/24

HalfTimePost

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Its more about the smaller teams for me, one in Holland or Belgium that we can take numbers to and then some completely random ones out east, Lithuania or Estonia that kind of thing

Hostel turnout

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Maybe a silly question, but do the winners of this automatically get Europa or something?

Yerp 

18 minutes ago, rubberman said:

So we don't play till the end of August? Was hoping for some early action, but I guess allows some hols, transfers and putting in place the masterplan. 

Equal parts frustrating that it's so far away but also that does mean it won't mess with our pre-season and fitness levels early in the season

• Like 3

3 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

Premier League: Aston Villa

Ligue Un: Rennes currently.

• Could be Lille or Monaco too, very unlikely shout for Lyon)

Bundesliga: Eintracht Frankfurt

• Unless they win the DfB Pokal final, then it will be 6th place Bayer Leverkusen

Serie A: Juventus currently (as Inter won Coppa Italia)

• 7th place gets it. Could be Juve, Roma, Atalanta or AC Milan

La Liga: Girona currently

• Could be Girona, Osasuna, Athletic Bilbao or (with a miracle) Sevilla

One of Sevilla or Roma makes the CL if they win their final.

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

We’re definitely going to be seeded for that playoff, right??

Because if we’re not, we may end up playing a very good team…

Not definitely, but pretty much I think it depends on if Sevilla get the La Liga spot. But they have pretty slim chance.

I could be wrong though

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

No not definitely. Almost definitely but if Sevilla end up in the conference league then we will be unseeded. Could be trickier to qualify for the group stage but I think we’d still be favourites against most of the opponents. 

1 hour ago, WallisFrizz said:

So reading the comments in that tweet, if Sevilla finish higher than Bilbao, then they will be seeded and we won’t be. 

Why does it matter what Sevilla do? They’ll be in the CL after they win the Europa League 😂

1 hour ago, turvontour said:

The city is yours

The city is yooouuuurss 

While we're in europe

The city is yours

Mate…

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

If we want to win the trophy, we'll have to beat some good teams along the way.  Who cares who we draw, I'm backing Emery to get us through.  

• Like 3

This will necessitate a bigger squad. It'll be interesting to see how this all develops in terms of personnel. Would love to see Archer And Kesler make the team, and I think the early round games could be a great opportunity for them to contribute while getting invaluable experience competing in challenging environments. Also solid options for early round cup matches. I really want Archer to get a shot at being an absolute assassin for us, even if he's not the first choice. He's earned the chance and I hope Emery is taking a hard look at match tape. I'd assume he's up to snuff on Cam, but you never know. 

• Like 1

So let's get this right, we've qualified for the conference league, but we have to play in a play off game to get into the conference league group stages ? Or is the play off game to see if we are seeded in the group stages ? 

6 minutes ago, Frodo said:

So let's get this right, we've qualified for the conference league, but we have to play in a play off game to get into the conference league group stages ? Or is the play off game to see if we are seeded in the group stages ? 

We have qualified. There are four knockouts before the groups. We go into the fourth one. Think of it like entering the FA Cup in the third round if the fourth round was a group stage. Actually don’t, that’s a terrible analogy.

Edited by Adam2003
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Why does it matter what Sevilla do? They’ll be in the CL after they win the Europa League 😂

Well let’s hope. But if they don’t  and they finish 7th in the league, they will push us from seeded to unseeded due to a higher ranking. I think. I’m no expert, up until about an hour ago, I thought we were already in the group stages.