Europa Conference League 23/24

HalfTimePost

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Forget the boss it's the wife I've got to try and tell 

Mate, if your wife is anything like mine, she knows how much the club means to us.

PS the wife set the precedent in 2019 when she let me fly half way around the world for the Championship play off final. I plan on milking that 🤣

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I'll almost definitely curse it now but the chances of Sevilla finishing 7th are pretty low.

image.thumb.png.a9dd2bec40103e595238a0bad8a0e650.png

Osasuna play Girona in their final game too - a winner in that game and Sevilla don't make it.

• Thanks 1

I’ve been told by my brother-in-law that there’s a very good chance that Juventus are banned from Europe for three seasons. So that would likely leave Torino (who have to play Inter final game of the season), Fiorentina (unless they beat West Ham in the final), Monza (tough Atalanta away game) or even Bologna. 

Which ever German side qualify will probably be ranked with us as favourites you’d have thought. But there are some really tough fixtures in that unseeded part of the draw! I really wouldn’t want to have to go to Besiktas for a result! 

But bring it the **** on!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Osasuna play Girona in their final game too - a winner in that game and Sevilla don't make it.

It's worth a bet right? Every result going Sevilla's way. Gotta be fairly big odds.

42 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I'll almost definitely curse it now but the chances of Sevilla finishing 7th are pretty low.

image.thumb.png.a9dd2bec40103e595238a0bad8a0e650.png

And chances of them winning Europa League and qualifying for CL pretty high 😂

15 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Yes

Knowing this im NOW going to take it seriously as this is a competition ppl do not rate at all and im not sure it counts towards our 20 major trophies 🏆  does it 🤔… i was anxious as i dont want it to mess up our league run i take that extremely seriously.. BUT if it means winning it gets europa then bring it on! … albeit i want champions league next year and very angry newcastle are gonna be in it before I’ve witnessed us in that comp

Edited by RicRic

9 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Knowing this im NOW going to take it seriously as this is a competition ppl do not rate at all and im not sure it counts towards our 20 major trophies 🏆  does it 🤔… i was anxious as i dont want it to mess up our league run i take that extremely seriously.. BUT if it means winning it gets europa then bring it on! … albeit i want champions league next year and very angry newcastle are gonna be in it before I’ve witnessed us in that comp

Newcastle have been in the champions league before.

56 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

Which ever German side qualify will probably be ranked with us as favourites you’d have thought.

It's the current Europa League holders, Eintracht Frankfurt. So yes... They will be one of the favourites! 

It's head-to-head first yes.

For Sevilla to qualify for the ECL requires:

1. Real Sociedad vs Sevilla - away win
  2. Osasuna vs Girona - draw
  3. Real Madrid vs Bilbao - home win or draw
  4. Real Mallorca vs Rayo Vallecano - home win or draw
  5. Sevilla vs Roma - Roma champions

I'm getting 41/1 on this so 2.5% chance.