Marco Asensio

wishywashy

6 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

alemany was joining us a week ago per spanish press. i no longer take them seriously

I mean they were kinda right though? By all accounts he'd done everything but signed a contract with Villa, and it was the Spanish press that broke the story that it was no longer happening.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

alemany was joining us a week ago per spanish press. i no longer take them seriously

He changed his mind at the last minute, there is nothing the press could do about that.

Asensio could talk to foreign clubs since January, couldn't he?  I wouldn't be surprised if his move is pretty quickly confirmed, whether it's to us, I can only hope.

3 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

Because he changed his mind. I don't know how you can blame the press for that. 

2 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

A phone call? Jeez, amateur hour from Emery.

Needs to look him in the eye at least.

The Gerrard way! He had one or two signings by now last year  :trollface:

I think he flew to Madrid yesterday so maybe he was just asking for directions to his house so that he can go and look him in the eye....

• Haha 1

So this reporter was also the first to report Casemiro to Utd, Tchouameni to Real and Bellingham to Real. Also I think he was providing all the latest details with Mbappe and Real (which proved to all be right according to Real fans). So I guess we should be getting excited for this link?

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Because he changed his mind. I don't know how you can blame the press for that. 

For me it's the made up stuff around thats the issue. We have no money, broke promises to him and so on. Sport and Marca are propaganda pieces for Barca and Real 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rustibrooks said:

So this reporter was also the first to report Casemiro to Utd, Tchouameni to Real and Bellingham to Real. Also I think he was providing all the latest details with Mbappe and Real (which proved to all be right according to Real fans). So I guess we should be getting excited for this link?

He’s super connected at Real. Not getting my hopes up just yet. But I wouldn’t dismiss it out of hand. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villarule123 said:

The Madrid fans can't believe it, no negativity from other fans. 

This is a biggie if we can pull it off. 

Yeah, would be a massive coup.

Just now, sne said:

For me it's the made up stuff around thats the issue. We have no money, broke promises to him and so on. Sport and Marca are propaganda pieces for Barca and Real 

Yeah, Marca is notorious for being the mouthpiece so I instinctively don’t trust it. Having read the article, it’s still quite balanced. He’s weighing up a big offer and Unai spoke with him directly. That’s it. 

• Like 1

Would still be surprised but maybe I have been too quick to dismiss this, I trust Unai so have no problem with the deal, could be real exciting if we can get him playing consistently!

7 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

Yeah but to be fair, he was. He changed his mind.

This is even acknowledged by Emery.

Â