Marco Asensio

wishywashy

26 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

alemany was joining us a week ago per spanish press. i no longer take them seriously

Alemany was joining us from Barcelona statements and then he did a supposed 180. They were reporting what Barca were literally saying

6 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Until he's on the app in the new kit I won't believe it.

September it is then 

Even then I'm scarred by Unsworth. Why's it so hard being a Villa fan?!

Just now, CVByrne said:

Close doesn't mean he will sign. Madrid will probably offer him what he's asking for and he'll stay

My gut feeling - not that he'll come here - is that he wants to be a first choice player <somewhere>.  I don't think Real Madrid offer this, therefore he moves.

8 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

If this happens, I'll eat a full tub of this and record myself doing it for VillaTalk. Give me that garlic burn. Please! 

allioli-chovi-el-del-mortero.jpg

If he signs I’ll smother him in it and lick it off him very slowly… no1 else thinking that too???

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, eholm said:

In terms of calibre, reputation, ability and age profile, if we sign Asensio it would be the biggest signing in our history. What a player. 

I don’t think it would but its a good question.  Who is our highest profile signing.  Collymore at the time was big

If we sign him, we move to this....

--------------------------------------Watkins---------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------Asensio----------------------------------
Ramsey---------------Kamara-------------Luiz-------------------------McGinn
Moreno------------------Mings---------------Konsa-----------------------Cash
-------------------------------------------Martinez----------------------------------------

With the two in bold being the next two I think need replacing. And that isn't a slight on McGinn, I think he's brilliant, but I just think he can cover every position and will still get 30-35 games next season either in that position or playing centrally covering injuries etc.
Cash, I feel we need an upgrade (again, not a bad player). 

Exciting. 

2 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

I don’t think it would but its a good question.  Who is our highest profile signing.  Collymore at the time was big

Collymore was at the time but not internationally. At present, Couthino is but MA would instantly become the highest profile signing and the statement of intent would be absolutely huge, imo. 

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

--------------------------------------Watkins---------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------Asensio----------------------------------
-------------------------------------------Martinez----------------------------------------

With the two in bold being the next two I think need replacing. And that isn't a slight on McGinn, I think he's brilliant, but I just think he can cover every position and will still get 30-35 games next season either in that position or playing centrally covering injuries etc.

Exciting. 

Agree with this.

RB situation is a concern and an obvious weak link.

Cash got toyed with on Sunday.

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Exciting. 

I think competition/upgrade whatever you want to call but I'd agree. I think Guendouzi will come in to provide competition across midfield. I'd also add Watkins in bold. Think we will go big in a striker this summer in way Barcodes did for Isak last year. Getting Asensio for free rather than spending 45m on Williams just adds to the pot for that striker position. 

7 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Close doesn't mean he will sign. Madrid will probably offer him what he's asking for and he'll stay

Yes but check that Tweet with the video, Emery and Pasta. The Pasta in Birmingham is the perfect supplement to Don Unai’s musings. 

Â