Marco Asensio

wishywashy

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

What are your thoughts on the player?

I think he'd bring a lot to Villa. Seems perfectly suited to the role alongside Watkins. He has superb attacking stats and will add goals to the team which we are missing from our right side at present. His experience would be a big asset too. 

17 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I think he'd bring a lot to Villa. Seems perfectly suited to the role alongside Watkins. He has superb attacking stats and will add goals to the team which we are missing from our right side at present. His experience would be a big asset too. 

Replacing Buendia then?

7 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

He is so good. Don't want to get my hopes up..

Agree, been a huge fan of him for several years, I’ll believe it when he’s in that villa kit.

I remember him scoring the below goal against Barca in the Super Cup and it being the common consensus at the time that he was the next big player up for Madrid. Meanwhile we were getting underway in our second season in the Championship. He obviously hasn't quite lived up to the potential but I don't think I'd have believed you if you told me we'd ever apparently be in for him.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Marca saying the deal is “close” whilst not confirming new details outside of Unai speaking to him personally 

Marca are not often hugely reliable though. They do however get info from good sources at Madrid. Hopefully we know real answers soon

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

Marca are not often hugely reliable though. They do however get info from good sources at Madrid. Hopefully we know real answers soon

People are saying the journalist is reliable, but Marca less so. There’s certainly some smoke to it. But I won’t take too much stock in it. Unai has tremendous pull in Spain. 

3 minutes ago, Indigo said:

I remember him scoring the below goal against Barca in the Super Cup and it being the common consensus at the time that he was the next big player up for Madrid. Meanwhile we were getting underway in our second season in the Championship. He obviously hasn't quite lived up to the potential but I don't think I'd have believed you if you told me we'd ever apparently be in for him.

He did his ACL and lost a little bit of pace I think. He's still over performed his xG every season since 17/18 excluding the season he got hurt and played like 300 minutes (in 18/19).

He's only behind vinicius, benzema and CR7 for goals and assists for real since 16/17 (ignore the fact that CR7 was there 2 years and vinicius only really the last 4 been on the scene) 

Is this one of those where the agent is using us as a way of drumming up more interest in the player? I'd love Asensio here, but surely there's many other clubs in the Champions League who'd be in front of us? Not selling us short, I just think we've been down this road before when linked with big name players.

If he signs for us it'd be incredible though.

Â