Marco Asensio

wishywashy

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Doesn't sound as promising as the other stories today. I'm glad we want to know if he's going to accept or not as we have alternative targets too we need to go after

Romano says we started negotiating last week, today Spanish sources saying its close to being agreed. Maybe we're on the verge of announcing it? 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

“Asensio is a top talent and need first first team football at an elite football club. So this only means he’s going too…. Aston Villa. he believes and fell in love with purslow’s power point presentation. He thinks Barcelona are shit, Alemany is a piece of shit, **** them.  Up the Villa.”

Absolutely poor translation - he clearly says up the Eurovilla!

Might be years of Villa-based disappointment influencing me but this stinks of we're currently closest to signing him because we've actually made a concrete offer, however the story even coming out and the talk of us "waiting for an answer" is Asensio's side holding out for a more attractive club to come in.

• Like 3

Great thing about if we manage to pull this off is that it leaves lots of money available for other signings. 

I'd assume we'll pay a big sign on bonus, also further bonuses to him if we qualify for EL and CL. But overall this will be a one off hit to the accounts and then just salary after that

2 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

The very fact that most of our transfer rumours have been immediately followed by "PSG are also looking at the player" tells you exactly how far we've come in the last 5 years. 

There’s a scout at PSG who just spends all day reading villareport

• Haha 4

Â