Marco Asensio

wishywashy

16 hours ago, Deano & Dalian's Umbrella said:

It means Asensio isn't a slag and you have to get permission from his father first.

Interesting analogy, if you had to guess, what percentage of footballers do you reckon don't need paternal consent before they will partake in some free and easy ow's yer father?

Asking for a friend 😁

20 hours ago, TRO said:

as Joao Felix found out.....but are some of these players really genuine, about the game.....or just chasing the yankee dollar.

Some time ago I read an autobiography of a lower league footballer and he said that there were many players he played with who hated the game. They were only playing football because they couldn't do anything else. I admit when I read that in the book it did surprise me.

However it would not surprise me that some players prefer to sit on the subs bench picking up their wages rather than playing

2 hours ago, delboy54 said:

Some time ago I read an autobiography of a lower league footballer and he said that there were many players he played with who hated the game. They were only playing football because they couldn't do anything else. I admit when I read that in the book it did surprise me.

However it would not surprise me that some players prefer to sit on the subs bench picking up their wages rather than playing

It doesn’t surprise me really, I know myself that the career I would want would pay very poorly but my strengths are in the finance world which pays very well.  If money wasn’t an issue I would never work in the finance world, I just do it to have a decent life.  

We all love football so we can’t understand footballers that don’t but my brother hates football (all sports to be honest) so it would’ve been like him being good at football and getting paid for it but disliking it. Shame he had too left feet!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, delboy54 said:

A friend of  mine forged a decent Rugby League career didn’t mind playing on a Saturday but other than that had no real interest in the game didn’t watch matches didn’t really have knowledge of teams in his league let alone around the world.  But at the end of the day he was a talented rugby player so he ran with it.

4 hours ago, delboy54 said:

I think David Bentley was one of those players, at 28 he was finished with the game....sadly it happens.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

It doesn’t surprise me really, I know myself that the career I would want would pay very poorly but my strengths are in the finance world which pays very well.  If money wasn’t an issue I would never work in the finance world, I just do it to have a decent life.  

We all love football so we can’t understand footballers that don’t but my brother hates football (all sports to be honest) so it would’ve been like him being good at football and getting paid for it but disliking it. Shame he had too left feet!

I would have been happy with that.

• Haha 1

Seen them saying that the PSG Manager situation might throw this off a bit.

That being said, sometimes the club may already have a Manager lined up and informed the player/agent.

Similarly to how I'm almost certain they let Doug know SG was going lol

18 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Seen them saying that the PSG Manager situation might throw this off a bit.

That being said, sometimes the club may already have a Manager lined up and informed the player/agent.

Similarly to how I'm almost certain they let Doug know SG was going lol

I get the sentiment but I doubt this is ever the case. Managers can regularly save their jobs with a good run and there was obviously no reason to wait till the Fulham game to sack him. 

I think Doug signed a new deal because it was improved terms and he knew he can just kick up a real fuss whenever a huge club comes in with a good offer to make sure he leaves, otherwise he's getting paid well to play in the Prem. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Did Asensio ever fall out with Mourinho? Only because it’s possible that Jose could end up managing PSG this summer.

Nothing better than a massive word removed managing a massive word removed of a club.

I don't see what Mourinho currently brings to PSG if they want to evolve, aside from being a " name ".

By all accounts I read, his methods are quite defensive and outdated.

Not pretending to having watched his team recently, just going off comments i've seen.

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I don't see what Mourinho currently brings to PSG if they want to evolve, aside from being a " name ".

By all accounts I read, his methods are quite defensive and outdated.

Not pretending to having watched his team recently, just going off comments i've seen.

They are all about names. That's what they do.

• Like 1

Â