Marco Asensio

wishywashy

11 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

So ROmano saying PSG made a better offer than us, and nothing is signed yet with PSG but it's close?

Do you reckon we will make another offer or we should just leave this one?

I'm not sure he is worth beyond a certain level of stupid money in fairness!

My idea was that it being a free, would have made him a great pickup.

However I have no doubt we have alternatives lined up which may even suit us better long term.

If we have to offer him more money to entice him, maybe he's not the one. Money shouldn't be the deciding factor between PSG and Villa. There are plenty of footballing reasons to choose PSG (or arguably even Villa/the PL).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

Another year of being mugged off. Standard at this point

Yeah man we got mugged off in favour of the team that currently has Messi, Neymar and Mbappe on their books. Really hard done by there.

2 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Weird that Mendes played Villa and his good mate(?) Sawiris here...how does this work behind the scenes when personal relationships are involved?

I wouldn’t say played, but I think Mendes/Asensio prioritised PSG. There’s a lot of talk out there about how good Mendes and Campos relationship and I think the two have been dealing with each other longer than Mendes has with Sawiris. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, eholm said:

Why assume he played him? Player had 2 offers on the table and chose PSG.....simple as that.

Yeah, that’s it. We made a great offer but he seemingly choose the sportswashing money instead 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Yeah, I guess. 

I'm sure we have been used like this in the past but with NSWE now running things we are a much more effective and efficient outfit and it is hihgly unlikely that we would tolerate any such antics, imo.

On to the next one 👍

I don't picture Unai as the type to take too much dossing about either, regardless of who the player may be, or how much he wanted them.

He will value himself ( Rightly ) as a top Manager, of an exciting project, and will want people who are all in.

Unai doesn't seem to dither about with regards to decision making at all.

23 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Weird that Mendes played Villa and his good mate(?) Sawiris here...how does this work behind the scenes when personal relationships are involved?

Business people understand that Business is Business.

I highly doubt anyone was " played "

• Like 3

1 minute ago, S-Platt said:

First rule of the transfer window don't deal with Barca or Real as its all out in the open.

Prefer our stealth days of just announcing players.

Fully expecting Asensio to be announced in the next half hour now. 

1 hour ago, Rustibrooks said:

If the reported €8 mill salary we offered was true it seems like PSG offered more. I think Mendes used us to get him better terms with PSG, apparently he’s been offered €10 mill salary.

Ok.

im if the mind with transfers you ask who you like, offer for who you like, pay what you like….

then it happens or it doesn’t 

4 hours ago, beachboys1 said:

i think emery will get a lot of  not coming from big players

I too think it will happen a lot....but it might be a good thing, we will soon find out who is committed and who isn't.

• Like 1

Â