Marco Asensio

wishywashy

Asensio would have been a statement signing but so was Coutinho. Look at how that worked out. 

You can already tell, he'd have come in, probably lit up VP with 3 or 4 brilliant displays, then got injured and we'd have a player on huge wages not doing a lot. 

I'd rather we focused on signing a younger player - by that I mean 23/24 - for this position. We need to get the right one in to play that role, just off Ollie. Get that right and you're looking at another 10-15 goals per seasons straight away. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Asensio would have been a statement signing but so was Coutinho. Look at how that worked out. 

You can already tell, he'd have come in, probably lit up VP with 3 or 4 brilliant displays, then got injured and we'd have a player on huge wages not doing a lot. 

I'd rather we focused on signing a younger player - by that I mean 23/24 - for this position. We need to get the right one in to play that role, just off Ollie. Get that right and you're looking at another 10-15 goals per seasons straight away. 

Given the purpose of a statement signing, quite well if it meant we could clinch the signings of Kamara and Carlos tbf.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

A younger player could just as easily come in, do well for a few matches and then get injured.  See Kamara.

I think this position is absolutely critical for us - so I'm pleased that we are linked with top players from Real, Barcelona, etc - it shows that we are really trying to attract really good players.

50 minutes ago, sne said:

Think the embarrassing thing is when we start slating the players who don't choose us and the clubs and leagues they end up going to. Makes us sound like sad dudes who have a crush on a girl and then when she's not interested we call her a slut that we never wanted anyway. Just don't.

Getting excited about a potential signing is absolutely fine by me.

lol absolutely this XD

• Like 1

14 hours ago, KAZZAM said:

I mean if he really wanted to 'play football' then he is an idiot. 

Will be used the same as he is at Real  Madrid and if anything will just be a stop gap till PSG find someone better. 

Anyone can say 'oh yes Marco we need you and you will play here' but here at Villa that is the truth and at PSG that is a half truth. 

as Joao Felix found out.....but are some of these players really genuine, about the game.....or just chasing the yankee dollar.

11 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Even if the links are made up click bait?

I think the links are founded in some fact. I suspect villa have conversations with lots of people. I'd be surprised if conversations hadn't taken place and I hope they have. It's shows ambition. 

1 hour ago, sne said:

Think the embarrassing thing is when we start slating the players who don't choose us and the clubs and leagues they end up going to. Makes us sound like sad dudes who have a crush on a girl and then when she's not interested we call her a slut that we never wanted anyway. Just don't.

Totally agree.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

So you’re saying we didn’t offer Asensio a deal? 

I don't know. Fabrizio solid ITK saying Villa waiting for the green light. What does that even mean? Most of these rumours are probably agents floating shit that hasn't happened

When a player of this calibre says no you have to entertain the idea that you can be as ambitious you want but competition, status and money are vital in a player's decision.

Unless you can offer a ludicrous amount of money top players demands CL football.

We have to qualify for CL football simple as. Conferene won't be seen as attractive to top players.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, abdomlahor said:

Asensio looks like he’ll be replacing Messi, so he’ll likely get significant minutes.

Wouldn't he rather replace Bailey? 

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

I don't know. Fabrizio solid ITK saying Villa waiting for the green light. What does that even mean? Most of these rumours are probably agents floating shit that hasn't happened

We most likely made an approach and were rebuffed and have since moved on. This all probably happened about a month ago but is being leaked now so PSG pay up more moolah. 💰 

Edited by Sulberto21

Â