Marco Asensio

wishywashy

I know it might sound stupid.....but do players on occasions, apply to football clubs to play for them, like managers apply for jobs?

do they sound us out, like we sound them out?

It would be quite nifty, if they did.

Edited by TRO

9 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

So are we assuming because this Townley bloke has made a tweet it’s not happening that’s it’s not happening…. Or is there more that I have missed?

Romano, Ornstein etc have said it.

20 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

So are we assuming because this Townley bloke has made a tweet it’s not happening that’s it’s not happening…. Or is there more that I have missed?

Romano, Ornstein etc are indicating that he is set to choose PSG.

However, they haven't totally said it's impossible to us but 99 percent looking that way.

They made a better offer etc.

To be fair, heard it was looking like PSG this morning ( But nothing signed ) as well but was no point me mentioning it as it was already being reported.

16 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Just scrolled Romanos twitter, nothing on there.

Ornstein there is, sadly, how reliable is Ornstein?

Romano tweeted this as recently as an hour and a half ago:

Ornstein is as reliable as it gets.

• Like 1

Also the above tweet from Romano is along the lines of why I thought folk were getting too hung up on the idea that PSG wouldn't be a goer because they don't have a manager in place (well, won't soon anyway). They aren't exactly known for doing business in a conventional manner and gave Campos a lot of power last summer to control transfers and generally undermine Galtier. They'll sign a player they want regardless of if they have a head coach in place.

I will be highly surprised if this rumour happens.

when some things sound too good to be true.....they usually are.

I am not really bothered one way or the other.

Edited by TRO
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, TRO said:

I know it might sound stupid.....but do players on occasions, apply to football clubs to play for them, like managers apply for jobs?

I'm sure they do, most likely technically via agents though you would think?

• Thanks 1

Acch whatever, I mean everything is good right now and can only get better.

Whatever will be will be, just enjoy knowing we are in good hands.

No point in getting invested in any of the links until they sign because it's only then you will know they are on board because they want to be here.

Personally, I am loving not having to worry about all our hopes being pinned on Mr. One moment of magic.

• Like 2

Ornstein is always right. Does sound like we tried to hijack the deal by making him an offer and doing the big sell. Seems like the PSG move has been on cards for a while.

Would help if we never got any information about who we're after until they sign. Probably lots of failed attempts we never hear about.

• Like 1

Was always going to be difficult to get a player from Real Madrid who has been pretty key for them over the years and still in his prime. Seems a bit ridiculous he'd go to PSG if he wants to be a key player, but maybe they've offered him that role who knows. 

Players like Yeremy Pino and Nico Williams are players that are more realistic as they play for clubs at a similar level to us in Spain (Villareal and Bilbao) but we can offer more money + the PL which is always a significant pull. Maybe Pau Torres too although quality CBs are hard to come by so that one might be more difficult especially with Juve sniffing. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Acch whatever, I mean everything is good right now and can only get better.

Whatever will be will be, just enjoy knowing we are in good hands.

No point in getting invested in any of the links until they sign because it's only then you will know they are on board because they want to be here.

Personally, I am loving not having to worry about all our hopes being pinned on Mr. One moment of magic.

I concur.

48 minutes ago, TRO said:

Almost certainly, or they will be soon enough. I watched a clip of Ben Fosters podcast on YouTube the other day with a guy on talking about how De Bruyne hired a stats company to help negotiate his most recent contract incentives.

They carried on to talk about it only being a matter of time before agents have statistical profiles on all of their players and start to approach clubs with data showing how they can fit in the respective systems. 

9 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

We blow up our wage structure by signing someone like this. Clubs have to be careful not increasing wages too much before revenue. Look what happened to Leicester. 

spot on.......

scored 61 goals in 285 appearance for Real Madrid, sure he is a winger or ATM....why at 27 are they not bothered he is going.

This could be a pig in a poke....Lets not fret.

21 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Was always going to be difficult to get a player from Real Madrid who has been pretty key for them over the years and still in his prime. Seems a bit ridiculous he'd go to PSG if he wants to be a key player, but maybe they've offered him that role who knows. 

Players like Yeremy Pino and Nico Williams are players that are more realistic as they play for clubs at a similar level to us in Spain (Villareal and Bilbao) but we can offer more money + the PL which is always a significant pull. Maybe Pau Torres too although quality CBs are hard to come by so that one might be more difficult especially with Juve sniffing. 

With Messi and neymar possibly leaving there is potential for Asensio to be a regular starter. I agree, going for up and coming talent from smaller clubs might be a better option for us at the moment. 

• Like 1

My take on this is PSG paid Mendes himself more than we were willing to to get the player signed. 

Remember, ‘Super Agents’ put themselves and their bank balance before anything else. 

Edited by theboyangel
  • Like 3

Â