"The Terrace View" - Upper Holte Lounge

OutByEaster?

1 hour ago, 1HoV said:

£72 for Terrace View in the League Cup game vs Everton. 

You are paying for the luxury of watching Dycheball. If you are lucky you might even get hit by a Pickford pass

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 08/09/2023 at 11:40, The Fun Factory said:

Why is it called the terrace view? It has been the Holte End stand since 1994.

The whole premise of terrace culture is a million miles away from this monstrosity they have embedded into the concourse anyway.

I assumed it was because it has an outside terrace overlooking the back of the Holte End and possibly also the lounge viewing windows overlooking the pitch. I didn't associate it with standing terraces that disappeared at top level decades ago.

On a not unrelated note, I always thought it slightly odd that you stand on a terrace but sit in a stand.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

£72 per European game in the group. No multibuy option.

I can't purchase normal seats as they've locked me onto TV even though I've still got an active membership. I don't expect sympathy but I've bought a season ticket with no real STH benefits outside of having my seat sorted for home league games and they've stripped the members benefits as well... wonder if any other Terrace View people are having this issue too.

• Thanks 1

I was originally unable to go to Saturday's game, however boring plans have fallen through, so off I go! Looked on the Villa website earlier and there were seven seats in a row available on the back row of K4, which I think is the highest row of Upper Holte. However, I couldn't add three of them to my basket. So I rang the club, 45 minutes on hold, finally got through, asked why I couldn't buy them and was told they are assigned for Terrace View only. Surely people who are paying that ridiculous price are not stuck up in the gods of Villa Park? I am so confused by what the club are doing with ticketing / memberships / the Terrace View at the moment. I'm really looking forward to seeing the feedback from the FCG tomorrow for some clarity.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

I was originally unable to go to Saturday's game, however boring plans have fallen through, so off I go! Looked on the Villa website earlier and there were seven seats in a row available on the back row of K4, which I think is the highest row of Upper Holte. However, I couldn't add three of them to my basket. So I rang the club, 45 minutes on hold, finally got through, asked why I couldn't buy them and was told they are assigned for Terrace View only. Surely people who are paying that ridiculous price are not stuck up in the gods of Villa Park? I am so confused by what the club are doing with ticketing / memberships / the Terrace View at the moment. I'm really looking forward to seeing the feedback from the FCG tomorrow for some clarity.

The whole lot is an absolute shambles.

• Like 3

On 12/09/2023 at 15:37, DaveAV1 said:

Since moving up to the Highlands I haven’t been able to keep my Holte End season ticket and so I’m commenting from a distance, however it dismays me to hear what’s happening to my beloved Holte either standing or sitting. The Holte has always been the heart of Villa Park and an area made popular by working fans that was made affordable to all fans regardless of their income. The whole idea of creating an elite area on the Holte is an alien and ill conceived idea that smacks at leadership that has no idea of its own fan base or heritage. Or indeed the city in which it made it’s home. I’d like to think thst the owners, both savvy businessmen will or have already realised that this has been a mistake and will act to put it right. Yes I understand the importance of income in the modern football world, whether that’s because of FFP or anything else, but if the answer is to alienate and force out those people that have stuck by the club through thick and thin then that is completely wrong on so many levels and ultimately will be disastrous. Record crowds during the third division showed us at our best and what the club is all about, I doubt that could be achieved now with the modern corporate supporters, who demand success in return for their £££. The world has indeed changed since Sky invented football but we ignore the past at our peril. Excecutives with little or no affinity with Aston Villa or the working class support that has always been our natural  base was and is a mistake. Hopefully NAS and Wes can see this snd correct the mistake. We’re Aston Villa let’s not forget that please gentlemen. 

I am going in for a game, going to burn an away scarf singing ‘burn, burn, burn you bast**d

Then whilst standing on the left side of the patio start chanting the left side, the left side and can you hear the right side sing? then go sssshhhhhhh and then arrrrrgggh

Might get a Tizwas Swop Shop in before I get pinched. Hopefully they throw me out and then I can sneak back in when they open the gates with 15 mins to go 😉

Upper Holte means back of Holte? Right??

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

I've noticed that as well but it's for almost every seat thats stated as a "Future rail seat" across all the Upper Holte.

Â