"The Terrace View" - Upper Holte Lounge

OutByEaster?

On 14/09/2023 at 20:38, Follyfoot said:

I am going in for a game, going to burn an away scarf singing ‘burn, burn, burn you bast**d

Then whilst standing on the left side of the patio start chanting the left side, the left side and can you hear the right side sing? then go sssshhhhhhh and then arrrrrgggh

Might get a Tizwas Swop Shop in before I get pinched. Hopefully they throw me out and then I can sneak back in when they open the gates with 15 mins to go 😉

Upper Holte means back of Holte? Right??

Now you’re really showing your age!!!  Knowing what you’re talking about shows mine too!😂

• 2 weeks later...

Which one is better value?

Terrace View - 2 drinks, a programme, no food - £45 extra on top of ticket.

Lower Grounds - Lower Holte, some drinks (how many?), unlimited food - £60 extra on top of ticket. 

Edited by ender4

25 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Terrace View - Upper Holte, 2 drinks, a programme, no food - £45 extra on top of ticket.

Lower Grounds - Lower Holte, some drinks (how many?), unlimited food - £60 extra on top of ticket. 

Couple of things:

1. The ticket that comes with access to the Lower Grounds will either be your existing season ticket or in the Upper Trinity somewhere. In the Terrace View you get a ticket in the area that it's in. As a result, the Lower Grounds won't be open at half time as most people won't be able to get back there from their seats. The Terrace View having an Upper Holte ticket is it's big selling point - you can come over from Hong Kong for a game and go straight into the full on Holte End experience.

2. At the moment, on the first time they're trying it and their initial plan - i beleive it's all the drinks, all of them, as many as you like, no limitation whatsoever.

11 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

The ticket that comes with access to the Lower Grounds will either be your existing season ticket or in the Upper Trinity somewhere. In the Terrace View you get a ticket in the area that it's in. As a result, the Lower Grounds won't be open at half time as most people won't be able to get back there from their seats. The Terrace View having an Upper Holte ticket is its big selling point

Ohhhh that makes more sense now. I was wondering why the pricing between the 2 areas (LM and TV) didn’t feel right, but that explains it.

Edited by ender4

@punkiller1981 

As far as I know, Terrace View seats (that are reserved for people paying the £120 ticket price to get a seat and entry to the Terrace view) don't get released as "just seats".

Someone here may be able to confirm what happened to the seats that haven't sold and whether they ended up in general sale as seat only tickets at some point? I don't think they did. 

• Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...

Went in the Terrace View today as it was going to be the best situation regarding my Dad and ultimately it helped with that so it was a good decision.

There are a number of things that I would pick out though.

I know it's a premium experience but being pretty experienced in hospitality and catering I thought the bar was way over staffed, considering how poorly other areas of the ground can be staffed. On top of that, they half poured pints ready for orders which would be more beneficial on the concourses than it was in there, with that number of staff.

The fridges were poorly stocked. My Dad can't drink at the moment. He had a Heineken zero when we arrived which was quite early but they didn't have any after that. Seemed like it was the case for ther drinks too.

Food seemed very limited, not sure if that's the normal offering or was just today.

I went out pitch side of The Terrace View, which I guess is the new accessible area rather than Terrace View itself. This was a bit weird as had I still had my season ticket it would have displaced me as I was literally stood where my seat was in Lower Holte.

This is just my take on things regarding the terrace view but I think the holte end ticketing should have been left alone given it’s the essence of the ground and where the atmosphere is driven from so giving what seems to to be 2 or 3 thousand tickets too this product and stopping real fans getting into the upper holte for me starts to put us up there with the Man Utd prawn sandwich brigade when the are loads of other areas this could happen. On a personal perspective I’m about 10000 in the ST Que so I have a Villa membership which was great last season as I could get an upper holte seat for most games so I went to probably 12/13 home games. This season I couldn’t get a ticket for Luton or West Ham and have had to get a ticket in the lower holte on a different row to my son so I have asked Villa for a membership refund as it’s basically pointless 

16 hours ago, Villatillidie95 said:

How’s this thing doing now? From my seat in north stand upper I saw a lot of activity in upper holte around the 41 min mark making their way down

I think that's just a general getting down to the concourse to get served. The Terrace View seats are scattered across the upper Holte. I did go down to the toilet with about 10mins to go in first half and lots were heading down to the regular bars. We didn't go down to the Terrace View at half time, so don't know what it was like to get served in there.

We went in after the game for a quick drink as we were parked in the accessible parking so waited for the road closures to be removed and watched the Utd-City game. There were a fair few that were in there but not as many as pre game.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, punkiller1981 said:

This is just my take on things regarding the terrace view but I think the holte end ticketing should have been left alone given it’s the essence of the ground and where the atmosphere is driven from so giving what seems to to be 2 or 3 thousand tickets too this product and stopping real fans getting into the upper holte for me starts to put us up there with the Man Utd prawn sandwich brigade when the are loads of other areas this could happen. On a personal perspective I’m about 10000 in the ST Que so I have a Villa membership which was great last season as I could get an upper holte seat for most games so I went to probably 12/13 home games. This season I couldn’t get a ticket for Luton or West Ham and have had to get a ticket in the lower holte on a different row to my son so I have asked Villa for a membership refund as it’s basically pointless 

Only done 1 game in there and unless it my only option for a ticket for a game I really want to go to it will probably be my only time but my guess is the club will probably see it as a success. They get premium ticket revenue for those seats, I'm presuming it was mostly sold out and that was for Luton. There was quite a mix in there and it was by and large seemed like fans you would see in any other area of the ground. 

I know where your coming from though and my membership recently expired and haven't renewed for me or my daughter yet. I'm pretty low on the waiting list, had it not been for these new areas I'm pretty sure I could have got a season ticket this year.

On 30/10/2023 at 06:24, punkiller1981 said:

The top two rows of K2 are pretty much always empty now. 

Not too sure what that compares to last season as I didn't take much notice up there, as a member I would generally go around rows 23-28 in K2 or K6 as they were available at 5pm Monday on the dot.

I went for the TV season ticket as I just wanted to be guaranteed Holte Upper all season and didn't know if it'd be as available as before. My problem now is, I can't purchase cup games that aren't Terrace View. There's tons of seats available in Holte Upper right now for Alkmaar and Legia, my own ST seat is gone yet I can't purchase TV and I still can't purchase a normal seat on the general sale. The ticketing situation is a problem for everyone atm and I've been complaining to the TV team on a regular basis about my own experience and getting the views of everyone else thrown in to my moaning as well.

Ben Davey, who was the main contact for running The Terrace View, appears to have suddenly left without giving fans notice. I don't think I've been the only one voicing the complaints.

Are there any other Terrace View ST holders with this problem?

• Thanks 1

On 30/10/2023 at 16:17, AlwaysAVFC said:

Only done 1 game in there and unless it my only option for a ticket for a game I really want to go to it will probably be my only time but my guess is the club will probably see it as a success. They get premium ticket revenue for those seats, I'm presuming it was mostly sold out and that was for Luton. There was quite a mix in there and it was by and large seemed like fans you would see in any other area of the ground. 

I know where your coming from though and my membership recently expired and haven't renewed for me or my daughter yet. I'm pretty low on the waiting list, had it not been for these new areas I'm pretty sure I could have got a season ticket this year.

Fans are being exploited when times are good, let’s hope they’ll still be around, or at least can afford to be when things aren’t so good. A project created by people or an individual with zero affinity with either the club or its fans. He no longer is employed by the club though, so hopefully this won’t be repeated. 

• Like 1

On 05/10/2023 at 12:39, mrchnry said:

Been offered a mates terrace view ticket tonight so gonna go see what the fuss is all about. 

rees-mogg_topHat.jpg

I'm in the Director's Club Premium tomorrow night for the Alkmaar game.
I'll need a hat three times the size of that one

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm in the Director's Club Premium tomorrow night for the Alkmaar game.
I'll need a hat three times the size of that one

Made of gold

Elite-Luxury-Gold-Plating-Top-Hat-Nibble

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
Â