"The Terrace View" - Upper Holte Lounge

OutByEaster?

14 hours ago, Milfner said:

Becoming very apparent that away fans are using it to get into games. I saw three blokes walking out of there before the game yesterday and you could just tell they were Arsenal. 

I've not seen that and would also say that all hospitatlity areas have had that happen.

I actually dont see that much of a problem fans sitting next to each other. I've been going to rugnby for years with opposing fans sat next to me and there is always just good banter. 

• Like 1

On 10/12/2023 at 17:57, Milfner said:

I saw three blokes walking out of there before the game yesterday and you could just tell they were Arsenal. 

Were they dressed like this? 

image.png.853cdee64070040fbe3409bc81d62b48.png

• Haha 1

On 10/12/2023 at 17:57, Milfner said:

Becoming very apparent that away fans are using it to get into games. I saw three blokes walking out of there before the game yesterday and you could just tell they were Arsenal. 

So many Arsenal fans sitting in the home end full stop🤣 Same happens when we play Liverpool and Man United. Glory hunter fans 

yeah there was a lot coming from that direction tbh....also someone who had obviously never been to villa park was in my seat, had to explain to him that im an ST holder and in this seat eevry home game and that he was indeed in the correct seat number however it was in the incorrect row.....saw a lot of people having trouble with their seats in this game, happens most times we play one of the traditional teams. Fwiw i didnt hear any booing of the TV or LG at HT this time round, it was audible v city but not a peep this time round.....could be people accept it now

On 11/12/2023 at 08:35, Hereford-Villan said:

Couldn't agree more. Especially compared to lower grounds offering. 

Isn’t the Lower Grounds a much better offering?  It gives free food and drink included for 4 hours.

If I had the choice Lower Grounds > Terrace View

Saturday v Arse was by far the busiest I've seen the TV.

Absolutely rammed before the game and even had a DJ on the go which made for a great atmosphere.

Not so busy after the game but again a great atmosphere as the DJ struck up a Sweet Caroline which was brilliant.

3 minutes ago, blobbyrob said:

Saturday v Arse was by far the busiest I've seen the TV.

Absolutely rammed before the game and even had a DJ on the go which made for a great atmosphere.

Not so busy after the game but again a great atmosphere as the DJ struck up a Sweet Caroline which was brilliant.

A DJ?

If the obscene prices didn't already turn me off, a DJ certainly would.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Villatillidie95 said:

yeah there was a lot coming from that direction tbh....also someone who had obviously never been to villa park was in my seat, had to explain to him that im an ST holder and in this seat eevry home game and that he was indeed in the correct seat number however it was in the incorrect row.....saw a lot of people having trouble with their seats in this game, happens most times we play one of the traditional teams. Fwiw i didnt hear any booing of the TV or LG at HT this time round, it was audible v city but not a peep this time round.....could be people accept it now

My and my lad boo it, every game... nothing against the fans that purchase them though, before anyone shoots me

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

My and my lad boo it, every game... nothing against the fans that purchase them though, before anyone shoots me

I don't get it - why boo a corporate area full of Villa fans.   The launch was badly done, but nothing actually wrong with the offering.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I don't get it - why boo a corporate area full of Villa fans.   The launch was badly done, but nothing actually wrong with the offering.

There is something wrong with the offering - the prices. They know people are desperate to get to games and will pay it if they can afford it, so they're fleecing people. Meanwhile, stupid rules prevent all games from being televised legally here, so you have a scenario where underprivileged people (which is an ever-increasing cross-section of society) cannot get a normal ticket OR afford the hospitality tickets, AND still can't watch the game at home without a shitty / dodgy stream that we're not allowed to share. 

It's all part of the same bollocks class system ripping people off and preventing universal access to football.

Edited by est1874
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Couldn't disagree more, they've made it impossible to get seats in the Upper Holte. Upper Holte should not be a corporate area. Just my opinion 

1 minute ago, Stephen_Evans said:

I find it odd that people think of the Terrace View as “corporate”.  These aren’t business folks entertaining their clients, these are fans who are happy to pay extra for use of the facility.

Exactly.

Some people have this notion that it's all prawn sandwiches & cocktails when in reality it's just down to earth normal supporters like myself & brother who like somewhere to go for a couple of pints before & after the match while we wait for the traffic to die down.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, est1874 said:

There is something wrong with the offering - the prices. They know people are desperate to get to games and will pay it if they can afford it, so they're fleecing people. Meanwhile, stupid rules prevent all games from being televised legally here, so you have a scenario where underprivileged people (which is an ever-increasing cross-section of society) cannot get a normal ticket OR afford the hospitality tickets, AND still can't watch the game at home without a shitty / dodgy stream that we're not allowed to share. 

It's all part of the same bollocks class system ripping people off and preventing universal access to football.

Quite the rant. The 3pm blackout is there for very good reason to help ensure that lower league and non league teams can survive on the minimal revenue that they even get today. Not everything should be about the premier league or even Villa fans interests.

Edited by DakotaVilla

53 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Couldn't disagree more, they've made it impossible to get seats in the Upper Holte. Upper Holte should not be a corporate area. Just my opinion 

Just like my opinion is that booing other Villa fans and actively encouraging your son to do so as well isn’t exactly “father of the year” material. 

6 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

Quite the rant. The 3pm blackout is there for very good reason to help ensure that lower league and non league teams can survive on the minimal revenue that they even get today. Not everything should be about the premier league or even Villa fans interests.

We're not talking about lower league and non league teams, are we?

The blackout is redundant for the Premier League and harkens back to an age when the majority of teams weren't filling their stadiums and the league was desperate to promote and grow, so it made sense then. That day is long since gone and the opposite problem is true now, with Villa Park being a prime example: most stadia need to be expanded.

Ask yourself why people in America, central and eastern Europe, the Near/Middle/Far East and Antipodes should be able to watch all games live?

It's because they can't be there to watch it in the flesh, innit? Well nor can half of Villa's fanbase in the UK & Ireland. But you'd have that remain the case while seeing Villa and other Premier League clubs continue to charge those who can (barely, in many cases) afford it more and more every year, meanwhile taking the piss with silly hospitality packages which represent the only way some people can attend now.

Â