"The Terrace View" - Upper Holte Lounge

OutByEaster?

Details and a fly-through here:

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2023/april/24/introducing--the-terrace-view/?fbclid=IwAR3HXGjCs-g_N4NN_eyQzl9mmuQFOVZ34sAPY4egAW7iuQUypZz6Fvfp7Ys

Aston Villa is excited to announce the launch of The Terrace View at Villa Park for the 2023/24 season.

Experience matchday from the heart of the Holte End and enjoy a unique experience within one of the most famous stands in world football.

Having surveyed current Holte End season ticket holders for their thoughts on how we can further develop our iconic stand, we've launched The Terrace View – an investment in our fan and stadium experience - to meet the requirements most important to you based on supporters’ feedback.

The Terrace View offers a new and improved matchday experience for Villa fans, with extended access to the Holte End and exclusive outdoor terrace pre, during and post-match, new bars and kiosks, enhanced Wi-Fi connectivity, HD screens showing match highlights and much more.

image.png

image.png

• Like 1

Season ticket holder in the Upper Holte?

Fancy adding this to your season ticket for the season, so you can make use of this (really very nice facility) for the whole of the season?

Find an extra £480.

Good God.

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 2

I wonder what the single match price will be?

If it's £25 a game for season ticket holders, you'd imagine we're looking at £30 for non-season ticket holders.

It's actually more expensive than a season ticket in the Upper Holte in the year we came up.

Now we have the interesting question on what happens when existing Holte Enders don't take this offer up.

• Shocked 1

I'll cancel this season before I'm paying another £500 next year for the privilege of actually being able to be served a pint of HT.

You know...the things must clubs that charge these prices include as standard. Working toilets. Access to refreshments. Etc.

• Like 1

I have a feeling that once you've paid your £700 for your season ticket, and your £480 for access to a nice bar and food, and paid for that food and drink, you'll still have to pay again for the same experience if you want to attend a cup game.

If we were to qualify for Europe and end up playing eight home games next season, a Holte End Upper season ticket holder with full season access to this lounge might be looking at  £1,750.

Christ.

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

If it's £25 a game for season ticket holders, you'd imagine we're looking at £30 for non-season ticket holders.

It's actually more expensive than a season ticket in the Upper Holte in the year we came up.

Now we have the interesting question on what happens when existing Holte Enders don't take this offer up.

The info on the official site seems to suggest you get a pre match and half time drink and a programme. Assuming that you can get a pint pre and post match as part of this that’s potentially the best part of £15 of the £25 per match that a fair few people would be spending every week regardless.

Whether people would want to pay £10 - £12 a game for a slightly better concourse is then the question. Not really my sort of thing but it would be useful if people could see what they were actually getting each game for their £25 rather than a rushed out article on the website. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Talldarkandransome said:

£480 is just a little less than my last season ticket I had. 

Just for access to a bar, I assume you still have to pay £4 a pint too 

Stick at least an extra £1 onto a pint. Pretty sure £5 is the cheapest pint you can get in the lower Holte and assume that’s standard around the ground.

With the pricing as it is, I'm guessing the club strategy is to offer this to Upper Holte End season ticket holders first (there are 6,000ish seats in the Upper Holte) - if they can't then sell those, then I would imagine it's an immediate opportunity to sell them to day trippers who would love to have a "Holte End experience" and can afford to pay out £90 for that matchday. 

The Terrace view might have a lot of visitors from North America and the Far East I suspect - perhaps less from Birmingham.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

i consider myself pretty open minded and fairly accepting of change. but the cynic in me says this is going to fall on its backside. the ramseys bar area currently gets reasonably busy...not crazy, but a good number frequent the area before and at half time. if half the people that regularly drink in that area take up this add on (and i don't think it will be that many) then the other half need to find somewhere else to go, meaning the other kiosks are suddenly going to become much busier.

there's no denying it looks nice...but worth the money just to get served quicker, be able to sit down to have a pint, and actually be able to check my FPL team at half time? nah not for me.

1 minute ago, tom_avfc said:

Stick at least an extra £1 onto a pint. Pretty sure £5 is the cheapest pint you can get in the lower Holte and assume that’s standard around the ground.

I rarely drank at the stadium anyway, always Brum before and after. I honestly think it's going a little bit too far but saying anything just sounds like moaning

5 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Just for access to a bar, I assume you still have to pay £4 a pint too 

it does at least say you get a welcome and half time drink. so i guess if  you regularly have a pint before the game and at half time (£12) then you look at it that you're paying £13 for entty to the area and for wi fi. which still seems a lot IMO

6 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I have a feeling that once you've paid your £700 for your season ticket, and your £480 for access to a nice bar and food, and paid for that food and drink, you'll still have to pay again for the same experience if you want to attend a cup game.

If we were to qualify for Europe and end up playing eight home games next season, a Holte End Upper season ticket holder with full season access to this lounge might be looking at  £1,750.

Christ.

Surely the £480 covers you for every game you attend including cups etc

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

With the pricing as it is, I'm guessing the club strategy is to offer this to Upper Holte End season ticket holders first (there are 6,000 wish seat in the Upper Holte) - if they can't then sell those, then I would imagine it's an immediate opportunity to sell them to day trippers who would love to have a "Holte End experience" and can afford to pay out £90 for that matchday. 

The Terrace view might have a lot of visitors from North America and the Far East I suspect - perhaps less from Birmingham.

Indeed. I think the reality is that the old "lifeblood" of the club, the loyal season ticket holder, there rain or shine, is very much viewed as a bit of a hindrance by the modern football club businesspeople. Sure, you'd prefer them over empty seats, so you hedge your bets and sell as many as you need to to balance that risk, but a season ticket holder who goes 19 times a season, goes to the pub beforehand, turns up at 14:55 and leaves straight after is vastly inferior to a day tripper who goes once every year or two, buys a programme, buys a shirt, doesn't realise how shit the food is, so eats and drinks at the stadium, and now will have the opportunity to pay an obscene amount for this extra lounge.

"Legacy fans", I think they call you. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

it does at least say you get a welcome and half time drink. so i guess if  you regularly have a pint before the game and at half time (£12) then you look at it that you're paying £13 for entty to the area and for wi fi. which still seems a lot IMO

I think it's a good idea but £480 is steep, this ain't London. It's inner city Birmingham and always will be inner city Birmingham. 

Â