"The Terrace View" - Upper Holte Lounge

OutByEaster?

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I do wonder if they'll push a GA+ seat straight through those stages and onto general sale.

If a match ticket is £45 and then the single game TV ticket is £30, then I suspect £60 might be wishful thinking.

These are a great ticket for someone flying in from another country who comes to the ground either once in a lifetime or once a season and wants to be right in amongst the atmosphere.

I'm doing a once in a lifetime thing in July, well it will be for me anyway. That's costing me £85 ish, I won't be doing it again so it's worth it. Going to watch a footy match isn't in the same ballpark for me. I can see it would be for a fan maybe on a trip from the US or Oz or summat.

Not a season ticket holder and living outside the UK I finally got to Villa Park this year for the first time in about five seasons.

From my perspective I think this is progress, it is an option and a change from the norm. Many do not like change, I understand that but it is a necessity.

It gives people another option, I hope it is popular. The owners are doing alot and have done so much work, the future is exciting. My advice is embrace it, change is the only constant.

I wish I lived in England so I could see the Villa at least every home game, some of you don't know how lucky you are. Moaning b******* the lot of you!

giphy.gif

• Like 2

Anyone know how much the club make from selling a beer. I can only think that it isn’t that much, hence the entrance fee being so costly. Look at the likes of the social and sacred heart. They cost about  £5 to get in, and always packed out pre and post match. This facility could charge £7.50 and still be packed as right in the ground. 

I can see myself using this a few times if it becomes open to lower Holte over time. I'm often trying to meet friends that have travelled and it's good to have a place to do that.

Not convinced id always be paying £25 to stand outside though, especially in the winter.

1 hour ago, KMitch said:

Looking at all y'all complaining about the cost of Premier League season tickets & add ons is hilarious compared to NFL/NBA season ticket costs in the USA.  I'm in the process of buying Detroit Lions season tickets right now and it's going to set me back $3,000 USD for 2 seats for 10 games this season.  

Big differences in wages though. And in number of clubs, and population. Even before we get into the culture differences.

Villa only have a few miles before our nearest rivals and there's probably 5 or 6 options in the  Midlands purely for clubs in the top 2 flights, and many more if we go further down than that.

If our population was as big as the US and there were only 32 clubs rather than over 90 - and we weren't such a relatively poor country in terms of wage stagnation, then we'd probably see similar costs here.

As it stands, this is pretty nuts

2 hours ago, chappy said:

The lower Holte where everyone stands the whole game anyway, no idea why they’re not putting rail seating in there.

Yep. Can’t remember last time we sat down in the lower. Bit p*ssed they’ve stuck the rail seats in the upper as was hoping we’d get them. (Has there been any talk at fan meetings of adding more later @OutByEaster??).

And seems a bit of a contradiction to introduce this paid bar crap in the same place as the rail seating.

2 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I wish I lived in England so I could see the Villa at least every home game, some of you don't know how lucky you are. Moaning b******* the lot of you!

To be fair to them, in recent years living in England is a good reason to be miserable.

The price seems outrageous but it looks to me like it's designed purely for sponsors and other corporate type tickets as opposed to the average season ticket holder.

We talk about why Spurs seem to have a money printing machine for home games and we have nothing like it, well having good facilities for corporates is a step in the right direction in terms of that. Every modern stadium has stuff like this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

The price seems outrageous but it looks to me like it's designed purely for sponsors and other corporate type tickets as opposed to the average season ticket holder.

We talk about why Spurs seem to have a money printing machine for home games and we have nothing like it, well having good facilities for corporates is a step in the right direction in terms of that. Every modern stadium has stuff like this.

This^ 

Seems pretty obvious as to why they’re doing this.

4 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

Big differences in wages though. And in number of clubs, and population. Even before we get into the culture differences.

Villa only have a few miles before our nearest rivals and there's probably 5 or 6 options in the  Midlands purely for clubs in the top 2 flights, and many more if we go further down than that.

If our population was as big as the US and there were only 32 clubs rather than over 90 - and we weren't such a relatively poor country in terms of wage stagnation, then we'd probably see similar costs here.

As it stands, this is pretty nuts

Villa also have a massive waiting list for season tickets, so basic economics will denote that prices will continue to rise until it gets to the point where Villa Park is still full consistently but the giant waiting list drops off to nearly nothing.  This will unfortunately mean that a lot of people will be priced out of season tickets and stop coming to games every weekend.  The world is changing and top flight football is no longer a working man's cheap weekend entertainment, it's a global sport with a huge worldwide consumer base. The Premier League is the biggest sporting league in the world and the money being thrown around by clubs right now mirrors that, so it was only a matter of time before ticket prices caught up to this.  Other big clubs have a significant portion of their match spectators be out of country tourists who buy hospitality packages and spend a lot on beer/food in the stadium pub and on merchandise in the club shop.  Villa really hasn't caught up to other clubs in this regard, but the stadium upgrades are paving the way for this.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

Good point. Are these bottom up pints? If so the whole thing seems cheap as chips to me. 

3 hours ago, ozvillafan said:

umm... an uncovered outdoor area?

You're in England. You play games in winter. It's always raining.

Can't see that getting much use.

Not sure where this view has crept in. It's 99% indoor with a couple of outside terraces, presumably to smoke and to drink outside when it is nice. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

I guess mate, but I bet there are literally 10’s of thousands of fans like myself that have not spent a penny inside VP for years simply because I can’t be bothered to wait 20mins to be served. 

So imo the real money spinner isn’t a couple of hundred fancy seats, it’s just improving the service for masses. If the queues weren’t ridiculously big, thousands more like myself might have a couple of pints and something to eat down there. 

This almost feels like clubs response to the shit service complaints. Ok, we’ll speed up the service, but thsts another £400 please. 

Â