"The Terrace View" - Upper Holte Lounge

OutByEaster?

I thought it looked a good idea….. 

The literature the club sent through firstly was appalling and hard to find prices (for ST renewal as well). 

The website, doesn’t allow you to process it, (just to see the price anyway).

Then I saw the price on here….

Jesus wept, they have really really overestimated what fans want. 

Who in their right mind is going to pay that? The place will be empty! Cut out the free drinks, call it £5 entry and it would be packed. 

• Like 4

£25 a game to go in a **** bar. The club has lost the plot. 

It'll be empty in there. The vast majority of the Upper Holte is season ticket holders. It's in completely the wrong stand if this bar is to exist for starters. Be almost as much to go in a bar than it will for a seat in the stand. 

£25?! **** me. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I thought it looked a good idea….. 

The literature the club sent through firstly was appalling and hard to find prices (for ST renewal as well). 

The website, doesn’t allow you to process it, (just to see the price anyway).

Then I saw the price on here….

Jesus wept, they have really really overestimated what fans want. 

Who in their right mind is going to pay that? The place will be empty! Cut out the free drinks, call it £5 entry and it would be packed. 

£5 entry won’t help pay Lucas Digne’s wages..

Another interesting thing from the fly through is there is obviously still some kind of balcony overlooking the pitch. 

The only way I can see that happening is if they take out probably the back 2 rows of the lower Holte? 

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Another interesting thing from the fly through is there is obviously still some kind of balcony overlooking the pitch. 

The only way I can see that happening is if they take out probably the back 2 rows of the lower Holte? 

I spotted that but why would there be a balcony as you'd already have a seat in the stand, and I'm guessing a screen would come down just prior to kick off

Looking at all y'all complaining about the cost of Premier League season tickets & add ons is hilarious compared to NFL/NBA season ticket costs in the USA.  I'm in the process of buying Detroit Lions season tickets right now and it's going to set me back $3,000 USD for 2 seats for 10 games this season.  

• Like 2
  • Shocked 2

Just now, Talldarkandransome said:

I spotted that but why would there be a balcony as you'd already have a seat in the stand, and I'm guessing a screen would come down just prior to kick off

Ah yes, I guess it could be set back not affecting the lower Holte. 

I guess it's just a place for a smoke and an outdoor pint on a pleasant day prior to the game / after the game overlooking the pitch. 

4 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Looking at all y'all complaining about the cost of Premier League season tickets & add ons is hilarious compared to NFL/NBA season ticket costs in the USA.  I'm in the process of buying Detroit Lions season tickets right now and it's going to set me back $3,000 USD for 2 seats for 10 games this season.  

Fair point, we should put a stop to it before it gets that bad. You heard the man, start burning shit.

11 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I'm not 100% sure on this - but I believe there's a small recessed balcony there with no seating which won't be accessible during the game, if at all.

I think that area will be where the eight new seats for disabled supporters will be - the club will be moving just over 100 Lower Holte End seats to make room for those.

36 minutes ago, KMitch said:

More seriously there is a bit of a culture war here. 

Football is supposed to be the cheap working class sport. We're supposed to be packed like sardines onto a concrete terrace only paying a couple of quid to get in.

We're having an issue transitioning to expensive seats and posh clubhouses.  This is supposed to be the preserve of egg chasers and cricket playing toffs. 

Ironically meanwhile cricket fans are having a hard time adjusting to new frenzied forms of the sport with a bunch of loutish fans packing out the stadiums making beer snakes and singing offensive football style songs. 

In fact a 20/20 or Hundred game at Edgbaston is likely going to be a significantly cheaper experience than attending Villa Park in future. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

So, trying to take it in - you get two drinks and a programme as part of that cost, so that's maybe £14 of the £25 - with that in mind I guess it's more reasonable - but I still don't see this being something that a lot of season ticket holders will take up on a full season basis.

I think it would be really interesting to see the pattern of the seats in the Upper Holte that aren't owned by season ticket holders - the club will want to make sure there are plenty of pairs, threes and fours in that so that they can sell them to GA+ fans in the Terrace View at what will most likely be getting close to £100 a game.

If that pattern of available seating doesn't exist things could become difficult - if there are lots of single tickets left over, I wonder if the club might ask some season ticket holders to move along one or change rows to create space - if they do, there will be a lot of noise.

I think the club might be hoping that quite a few supporters will want to move out of the Upper Holte because they don't want to stand in the rail seating and might go to the Lower Holte to make room.

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

So, trying to take it in - you get two drinks and a programme as part of that cost, so that's maybe £14 of the £25 - with that in mind I guess it's more reasonable - but I still don't see this being something that a lot of season ticket holders will take up on a full season basis.

I think it would be really interesting to see the pattern of the seats in the Upper Holte that aren't owned by season ticket holders - the club will want to make sure there are plenty of pairs, threes and fours in that so that they can sell them to GA+ fans in the Terrace View at what will most likely be getting close to £100 a game.

If that pattern of available seating doesn't exist things could become difficult - if there are lots of single tickets left over, I wonder if the club might ask some season ticket holders to move along one or change rows to create space - if they do, there will be a lot of noise.

I think the club might be hoping that quite a few supporters will want to move out of the Upper Holte because they don't want to stand in the rail seating and might go to the Lower Holte to make room.

I can see a scenario that when a non STH seat goes on sale to members or general sale the only option will be to buy it as a GA+ seat. That way they can charge £60-£70 instead of the regular seat price.

7 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

The lower Holte where everyone stands the whole game anyway, no idea why they’re not putting rail seating in there.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

I can see a scenario that when a non STH seat goes on sale to members or general sale the only option will be to buy it as a GA+ seat. That way they can charge £60-£70 instead of the regular seat price.

I do wonder if they'll push a GA+ seat straight through those stages and onto general sale.

If a match ticket is £45 and then the single game TV ticket is £30, then I suspect £60 might be wishful thinking.

These are a great ticket for someone flying in from another country who comes to the ground either once in a lifetime or once a season and wants to be right in amongst the atmosphere.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chappy said:

The lower Holte where everyone stands the whole game anyway, no idea why they’re not putting rail seating in there.

Rail seating in the Upper Holte is at least in part there to fight off the threat of closures from the council due to the persistent standing in an area where the steepness of the stand makes it unsafe.

There has been a real threat of sections of the Upper Holte being closed off for the last twelve months.

• Thanks 1

Â