"The Terrace View" - Upper Holte Lounge

OutByEaster?

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It covers you for the same as your season ticket I'd imagine, so no cup games.

Jesus, I suppose if you have a certain amount of disposable cash and Villa is your thing every week then its probably not that mad. I feel for the families

This looks nice but not justifiable for the price. Especially with the ticket increases too. Will continue to use the Holte Suite for free (until the start charging extra for that too!)

Really annoying that they’re selling it as if the wifi is a major benefit. Being able to check your phone in the ground should come as standard!

Interesting that from the virtual tour of it, the inside looks v similar to the hospitality but inside the new stand at Anfield (had a few work events in there) - wonder if Purslow was involved in that too or maybe these kind of sections look the same everywhere.

53 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

As expected from the gentrification process those Holte Enders are a shadow of their former selves. 

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Season ticket holder in the Upper Holte?

Fancy adding this to your season ticket for the season, so you can make use of this (really very nice facility) for the whole of the season?

Find an extra £480.

Good God.

Let's see how reliable their market research was. 

• Haha 1

As a ST holder in the upper Holte, this facility does not interest me.

I have a 2hr drive from Cambridge to Star City and 2hrs home. I dont drink and drive.

If I did have a pint before the match at 65 years old I will end up having to have a pi$$ during the game and miss part of the very reason I am at VP !

VTID

• Like 4

Do you have to pay to get into the likes of The Sacred Heart / Aston Inn / Tavern? 

I guess that's the competition. 

I would say at least these owners are thinking outside the box and not just doing the same thing unaltered like our previous 3 owners. 

3 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

As a ST holder in the upper Holte, this facility does not interest me.

I have a 2hr drive from Cambridge to Star City and 2hrs home. I dont drink and drive.

If I did have a pint before the match at 65 years old I will end up having to have a pi$$ during the game and miss part of the very reason I am at VP !

VTID

Don't worry, I think it's aimed at those with chauffeurs 

Or helicopters

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I wonder what the single match price will be?

If it's £25 a game for season ticket holders, you'd imagine we're looking at £30 for non-season ticket holders.

It's actually more expensive than a season ticket in the Upper Holte in the year we came up.

Now we have the interesting question on what happens when existing Holte Enders don't take this offer up.

Empty bar my Lord, Empty bar

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, chappy said:

This looks nice but not justifiable for the price. Especially with the ticket increases too. Will continue to use the Holte Suite for free (until the start charging extra for that too!)

Really annoying that they’re selling it as if the wifi is a major benefit. Being able to check your phone in the ground should come as standard!

Interesting that from the virtual tour of it, the inside looks v similar to the hospitality but inside the new stand at Anfield (had a few work events in there) - wonder if Purslow was involved in that too or maybe these kind of sections look the same everywhere.

"You get to have a signal. Take a piss and actually get served a drink."

All for just £500.

Just now, sidcow said:

Do you have to pay to get into the likes of The Sacred Heart / Aston Inn / Tavern? 

I guess that's the competition. 

I would say at least these owners are thinking outside the box and not just doing the same thing unaltered like our previous 3 owners. 

The last time I paid to get in the Aston Social it was a £1 or 2 I think. Not sure about the Tavern as there was always a massive queue outside that. It's been a while though 

9 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Let's see how reliable their market research was. 

hopefully very, or it could be an expensive mistake. and Ms Ibbetson will likely be out of a job

Personally I don't drink for home games. Drive in, go to the game, drive home. 

I'm in a position where I could afford this of I wanted to and if drinking at the game was my thing, but if it was I really wouldn't be interested. 

Maybe if I could pay a fiver on entry I would but no way I'd pay £480 a year. 

I don't remember them asking pricing questions in that survey but this seems badly judged pricing. 

Maybe there will be enough interested but I somehow doubt it. 

Surely the idea was to stagger the arrival and departure times to ease pressure points as well as sell a few extra pints.  I think this will more result in a mostly empty bar and not have the desired effect of easing travel patterns. 

You can expect much more of this in the new North Stand. If anything will reduce their interest of that development it will be this falling flat on its face. 

13 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

"You get to have a signal. Take a piss and actually get served a drink."

All for just £500.

Thing is getting a drink in the lower Holte is extremely quick now with the pay booths, so that one advantage will not actually be an advantage if the convert the Upper Holte in the same way. 

46 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

I think it's a good idea but £480 is steep, this ain't London. It's inner city Birmingham and always will be inner city Birmingham. 

It should be free entry fffs(treble f*** for effect). 

The balls expecting people to pay the extra just for bar access. People should avoid it just to teach them a lesson the greedy bolloxes. Unreal that this is somehow acceptable. I'd want a bj on entry at that price.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Wait until the the time everyone has their phones out filming the corner taker. That’s when we’ll truly know we’ve made it. 

That's the day I pack it in, I think. Will signal that most of what I enjoy about going to the Villa has had its day.

Just now, wedge said:

That's the day I pack it in, I think. Will signal that most of what I enjoy about going to the Villa has had its day.

I’m afraid it probably goes hand in hand with success. Honestly, you should sit in either of the stands beside the pitch at Anfield, it’ll blow your mind.

Â