"The Terrace View" - Upper Holte Lounge

OutByEaster?

45 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

This is definitely something that's been talked about - having to show your ticket to get into the car park, but converting it to something like an outdoor box park experience for Holte Enders - the problem is where to put the parking.

its seens to have worked at the side of the trinity , gets so busy its difficult to walk through sometimes

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

I hate this type of comment and not a pop at you whatsoever … I’ve been a Villa fan since 1989 and I’m now 42… attended hundred of games over the years and this really appeals to me - just because I’m lucky enough to be able to afford it does that make me less of a die hard fan ? It won’t affect my singing voice or passion for the club and will in fact enhance it … all personal preference and maybe If more than 2’500 odd fans answered the survey then maybe the results would be different … as I said not a criticism of you at all… 

II don’t take It personally and of you can afford it then I don’t begrudge you at all. If we hadn’t moved 460 miles away almost 6 years ago I may be tempted myself. I just think to pitch it on the Holte, where the prices are more affordable is strange. I never like to miss an opportunity or have a dig at the plastics though!

Hopefully we’re about to enter a new and wonderful and you get to see the glory that I was lucky enough to witness in 81 and 82 and not so much of what we’ve all had to endure in more recent times. UTV!!

• Like 2

I get that the club wants to add posh areas to bring some new revenue in, but there’s a right place to do that stuff and ripping out half the upper holte isn’t the right place, especially if they’re charging a ridiculous fee for existing season ticket holders whilst the existing facilities presumably will be deliberately run down and overcrowded.

For the first time ever I feel like the club don’t want me there any more. They want some tourist who’s going to turn up once a season or corporate buyers who will buy all these add ons, extra “experiences” etc. I wouldn’t be surprised if in a year or two my seat in the upper holte I’ve had since I was 8 or 9 years old will be re-designated to some kind of corporate “premium” area.

The “fan survey” sent out a few months ago on this premium area was beyond pathetic, completely biased and leading on every question, I can’t believe many people want this but it was obvious the club were going to do it anyway. If this stuff was going in the new north stand fine but this just feels like they want to push the long standing fans out of existing areas.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

My mate has been told by the club he's got to move his seat as the back 4 rows of the Lower Holte are being removed to build the platform for the disabled seats.

• Shocked 1

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

My mate has been told by the club he's got to move his seat as the back 4 rows of the Lower Holte are being removed to build the platform for the disabled seats.

As much of a shame as this is (presumably there's a few old timers that will be losing their lifelong seat in those 4 rows), the club are pretty much limited by the law on this one aren't?

We have to improve our disabled access to be used for intentional tournaments and probably to comply with the latest uefa regulations. 

I suppose we could pick 4 different rows, but it's got to happen somewhere. 

4 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

As much of a shame as this is (presumably there's a few old timers that will be losing their lifelong seat in those 4 rows), the club are pretty much limited by the law on this one aren't?

We have to improve our disabled access to be used for intentional tournaments and probably to comply with the latest uefa regulations. 

I suppose we could pick 4 different rows, but it's got to happen somewhere. 

Does that include lift access?

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

I wouldn't have thought this would be the best position as what will happen when everybody in front stands? The original plan was to put in a platform in the lower north, before they decided to flatten the whole thing.

From all the things happening it looks like the club will try and make both stands behind the goals into more premium offerings. Part of that will be the 'sterilisation' of the Holte Atmosphere by putting in the terrace bar, less seating and more upmarket facilities. For example the club might also try to eliminate another problem by choosing to locate the new disabled platform on these rows at the back of lower holte, they apparently have persistent standing in the holte so maybe have calculated that this solves 2 problems.

On 26/04/2023 at 18:59, OutByEaster? said:

This is definitely something that's been talked about - having to show your ticket to get into the car park, but converting it to something like an outdoor box park experience for Holte Enders - the problem is where to put the parking.

Selling off the serpentine may have been a mistake then.

1 hour ago, Villatillidie95 said:

From all the things happening it looks like the club will try and make both stands behind the goals into more premium offerings. Part of that will be the 'sterilisation' of the Holte Atmosphere by putting in the terrace bar, less seating and more upmarket facilities. For example the club might also try to eliminate another problem by choosing to locate the new disabled platform on these rows at the back of lower holte, they apparently have persistent standing in the holte so maybe have calculated that this solves 2 problems.

I dont think the 6k, or however many fit in the lower holte, are suddenly going to sit down because of disabled rows at the back?

9 minutes ago, turvontour said:

I dont think the 6k, or however many fit in the lower holte, are suddenly going to sit down because of disabled rows at the back?

They won't need to sit down as the disabled row will be at the highest level of the four rows taken up.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Placing it there is a convenient way for the club to remove what they say as a problem, someone mentioned further upthread that the club have been threatened with reductions in the holte due to persistent standing so this improves facilities for the disabled whilst also removing some capacity. Not saying anyone else will sit down, but maybe removal of 4 rows of seating will satisfy health and safety or whoever monitors these things.

The threat of punishment for persistent standing is in the Upper Holte, not the Lower Holte.

The steepness of the Upper Holte is what makes it more a concern to the fellas with the clipboards and rulebooks.

It's why the safe standing is going up there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

So, as a 'New Member' of the Terrace View, you can pay £1,300 for access to the lounge for a full season. 

I'm assuming that for that money, you also get access to the games - so in effect you can jump the season ticket waiting list. How do people feel about that?

That's £1,300 for a ticket to all the games (which may or may not be the same as a season ticket), 38 drinks, 19 programmes and access to the lounge.

I wonder if you're then treated as a season ticket holder, having bought a product that gives you access for season, and if so, I wonder what happens if after one season you decide you'd like to keep the season ticket but give up access to the lounge?

Â