"The Terrace View" - Upper Holte Lounge

OutByEaster?

Ramseys bar area closed Sunday as development on the terrace has begun. I can't make it Sunday but I'm curious to hear how busy the rest of the concourse gets as it'll be a good indication of how things will be next season 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, tomav84 said:

Ramseys bar area closed Sunday as development on the terrace has begun. I can't make it Sunday but I'm curious to hear how busy the rest of the concourse gets as it'll be a good indication of how things will be next season 

The toilets and bar will be closed, but the area will be open. It'll be a bit of a test of the serving facilities for next season, but I expect they will all be upgraded in the summer too.

• Like 1

On 17/05/2023 at 12:57, OutByEaster? said:

So, as a 'New Member' of the Terrace View, you can pay £1,300 for access to the lounge for a full season. 

I'm assuming that for that money, you also get access to the games - so in effect you can jump the season ticket waiting list. How do people feel about that?

That's £1,300 for a ticket to all the games (which may or may not be the same as a season ticket), 38 drinks, 19 programmes and access to the lounge.

I wonder if you're then treated as a season ticket holder, having bought a product that gives you access for season, and if so, I wonder what happens if after one season you decide you'd like to keep the season ticket but give up access to the lounge?

I've registered for interest  , mainly as I assumed it was a season ticket (the web page says existing season ticket holders can bolt on for £480 )  .. I was 35,000th odd in the queue for a season ticket (think I'm down to 11,000 now) , so this seemed a way of trying to jump the queue 

I'm not sure I can commit to every game tbh , but its mainly about being  a season ticket holder again so I can get my Champions league final ticket in a  few years time when we make it :)  

Edited by tonyh29

3 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

I've registered for interest  , mainly as I assumed it was a season ticket (the web page says existing season ticket holders can bolt on for £480 )  .. I was 35,000th odd in the queue for a season ticket (think I'm down to 11,000 now) , so this seemed a way of trying to jump the queue 

I'm not sure I can commit to every game tbh , but its mainly about being  a season ticket holder again so I can get my Champions league final ticket in a  few years time when we make it :)  

Pah, we'd probably get allocated 10,000 tickets in an 80,000 seater stadium with 60,000 going to sponsors and friends of UEFA.

So, as a 'New Member' of the Terrace View, you can pay £1,300 for access to the lounge for a full season. 

I'm assuming that for that money, you also get access to the games - so in effect you can jump the season ticket waiting list. How do people feel about that?

That's £1,300 for a ticket to all the games (which may or may not be the same as a season ticket), 38 drinks, 19 programmes and access to the lounge.

I wonder if you're then treated as a season ticket holder, having bought a product that gives you access for season, and if so, I wonder what happens if after one season you decide you'd like to keep the season ticket but give up access to the lounge?

I would assume it’s treated more like a corporate ticket rather than a standard season ticket and therefore you would be in a different list to the season ticket waiting list. 

If I didnt already have a ST, then that would probably appeal to me as someone who is young with no family and therefore a lot more disposable income than some. works out at about £68 per game, whereas my current ticket is £32 a game. i reckon there would be some takers for that offer, either those like myself with not many responsibilities or those who work in professional style jobs. It is a lot but i think it would appeal to some, however only if we keep getting results. I think demand for it would fall away if we don't stay on our current trajectory.

Some people will pay it to jump the que and make sure they can watch the games, might not have been there first choice but they will do it

Edited by Villatillidie95

All the official text from the club that I've seen about The Terrace View quite clearly states that it's only for existing Upper Holte End season ticket holders - where have you got this from?

8 hours ago, Villatillidie95 said:

If I didnt already have a ST, then that would probably appeal to me as someone who is young with no family and therefore a lot more disposable income than some. works out at about £68 per game, whereas my current ticket is £32 a game. 

£68 a game?

A standard seat in Upper Trinity cost £56 for 50% of the games this season - which will probably be £60 a game next season.  

I’m on the season ticket waiting list so I’d definitely be interested in paying £68 a game if it let me jump the queue!

Edited by ender4
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, wedge said:

All the official text from the club that I've seen about The Terrace View quite clearly states that it's only for existing Upper Holte End season ticket holders - where have you got this from?

There was a screenshot someone had put up elsewhere of the reply to those that had expressed an interest - it was on there, listed as the price for a "New Member" - it's still not entirely clear how this is working - as you say, everything so far says it's being offered only to Upper Holte Season ticket holders - but there will be some movement if it doesn't sell out to that group and I can't see 1 in 5 Upper Holte Enders finding an extra £400 - the question I guess is what is a "new member".

10 minutes ago, wedge said:

Blimey, there will be uproar if this transpires to be something on offer, I'm number 8,000-something on the ST waiting list, I'm not sure how I feel about just anyone who wants to fork out £1,500 jumping the queue ahead of me? Will takers of this option be able to renew at the end of next season like a normal ST-holder and have access to away tickets?!

And that's the thing - we have no idea - I have a feeling that "New Members" won't ne treated as season ticket holders, but as a membership level - so they'd need to renew every season, but wouldn't get the option to swap out to a regular season ticket package - but we know so little about it because the club are currently doing all of their pricing in secret.

12 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

There was a screenshot someone had put up elsewhere of the reply to those that had expressed an interest - it was on there, listed as the price for a "New Member" - it's still not entirely clear how this is working - as you say, everything so far says it's being offered only to Upper Holte Season ticket holders - but there will be some movement if it doesn't sell out to that group and I can't see 1 in 5 Upper Holte Enders finding an extra £400 - the question I guess is what is a "new member".

Blimey, there will be uproar if this transpires to be something on offer, I'm number 8,000-something on the ST waiting list, I'm not sure how I feel about just anyone who wants to fork out £1,500 jumping the queue ahead of me? Will takers of this option be able to renew at the end of next season like a normal ST-holder and have access to away tickets?!

11 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

And that's the thing - we have no idea - I have a feeling that "New Members" won't ne treated as season ticket holders, but as a membership level - so they'd need to renew every season, but wouldn't get the option to swap out to a regular season ticket package - but we know so little about it because the club are currently doing all of their pricing in secret.

I guess time will tell, not sure how I feel about it to be honest if it turns out to be true, leaning towards disappointment at the moment!

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/05/2023 at 21:17, OutByEaster? said:

Nothing further on this then I take it? I haven't seen anything anywhere, really hoping it's not going to be the case!

Club needs to increase its match-day income and this is the way to do it like it or not. I’ve registered my interest to see if I can indeed ‘jump the queue’ as I'm still number 4000 odd away from a regular season ticket and I just wanna go every match next season to witness the Emery revolution.

34 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Club needs to increase its match-day income and this is the way to do it like it or not. I’ve registered my interest to see if I can indeed ‘jump the queue’ as I'm still number 4000 odd away from a regular season ticket and I just wanna go every match next season to witness the Emery revolution.

Not judging or having a go just purely out of curiosity - if this does come to fruition would you not have any sense of guilt over stepping over someone who is further up the ST waiting list than you but can't afford to pay for this hypothetical (at the time of writing) access?

1 minute ago, blandy said:

Any "guilt" would be with the club for pricing out that person - if they can't (afford to) take up the seat, then they're not being stepped over, as they're not in the race (any more). I guess people would feel fortunate that they can afford to take up the club's package when other can't - but it's no different to other "premium" seats the club sell, in the principle of the thing.

When the ground is expanded, presumably the number of places for normal fans will be greater than it is now, by some distance - and I guess that's the argument the club would make for this Terrace view area.

(And that's all written as someone who gave up my season ticket due to pricing).

Very fair post there blandy, I guess the only thing I would push back on ever so slightly is that I could get on board with that 100% if the actual seat in the ground on offer was a 'premium' seat. In essence it's a general admission seat with access to a better concourse unless I'm mistaken?

I had at least 2 offers of adding this to my season ticket when I renewed, which I carefully avoided Ryanair style.  I am still not happy about it as it is essentially making the match day experience worse for me unless I pay nearly 500 quid extra to get access to space that I was previously allowed in. If it was a new space which you could pay for I would have been fine with that. But basically this is modern football and if you don't like you can f**k off and someone else will take your seat is the general feeling I am getting from AVFC on this.

1 minute ago, wedge said:

Very fair post there blandy, I guess the only thing I would push back on ever so slightly is that I could get on board with that 100% if the actual seat in the ground on offer was a 'premium' seat. In essence it's a general admission seat with access to a better concourse unless I'm mistaken?

Ta. True, though again there are seats elsewhere in the ground that are sold on the same basis - seat in the stand plus some swan cutlets or whatever the poshos eat/drink at half time, I guess?

The notion of premium seats or an area of them in the Holte, to go with the Terrace thing would be worse for current season ticket holding fans, as some would have to move to a new "non-premium" area if (say) the front rows central seats wre designated the premium ones?

Ultimately, it's the direction the club has chosen to take - to increase matchday/ticket income both by upgrading the ground and by charging more for upgraded facilities like this Terrace thing.

As someone who used to queue up, pay my 50p or pound or whatever it was at the time to stand on the Holte back in the day, it's sad those days are gone in some ways. Premier league football is now a luxury item, not a kind of basic go to the pub go to the match go home thing.

• Like 2

Â