"The Terrace View" - Upper Holte Lounge

OutByEaster?

7 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Not sure where this view has crept in. It's 99% indoor with a couple of outside terraces, presumably to smoke and to drink outside when it is nice. 

So is bit at the top of steps on the external? They normally open this area up at HT for smokers. So are you only going to be allowed a HT smoke now if you’ve paid extra? 

I am a little torn on this. The price seems excessive and it doesn't se3m to fit with the traditions of the Holte End.

On the other hand I have been frustrated since the early 2000s at clubs like Chelsea and then Man City  passing us by and going ahead of us. We were, to an extent, left behind in the 2000s. If we want to get back among the top we are going to see changes that pinch a little. We simply have to start making more money on match days. It's well documented that we have been poor in this regard in comparison to other clubs.

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

modern football is rubbish

Someone posted Notts County's season ticket announcement yesterday. Between £300-400 for a (probably) League 2 season ticket. At least the money isn't going on paying people 100k+ per week though.

Edited by Davkaus

Cannot help wondering if this Holte End terrace view thing that costs to join/get in/use is indicative of the price that the new Box Park thingy is going to be when the North Stand is redeveloped.

Next up in the Holte End they will be serving prawn sandwiches...and that will be the end of it for me......

I am a ST holder in the Upper Holte and as long as I can have a cup of tea or bovril (Winter night games - its tradition innit?) before the game and a bag of chips, I am happy. I don't want or need an executive style business class bar......its the bl**dy Holte End for goodness sake !

VTID

1 minute ago, delboy54 said:

Cannot help wondering if this Holte End terrace view thing that costs to join/get in/use is indicative of the price that the new Box Park thingy is going to be when the North Stand is redeveloped.

Next up in the Holte End they will be serving prawn sandwiches...and that will be the end of it for me......

I am a ST holder in the Upper Holte and as long as I can have a cup of tea or bovril (Winter night games - its tradition innit?) before the game and a bag of chips, I am happy. I don't want or need an executive style business class bar......its the bl**dy Holte End for goodness sake !

VTID

Your not their aim here 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Your not their aim here 

Yep, I know, I just wanted to have a mini rant... gentrifying the Holte End?.....whatever next

Though I don't miss the mini rivers of pi$$ running down the old Holte End terrace at half time !

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Someone posted Notts County's season ticket announcement yesterday. Between £300-400 for a (probably) League 2 season ticket. At least the money isn't going on paying people 100k+ per week though.

People moan we don't have the same commercial and match day incomes as the likes of spurs. The club spend alot of money to create a space, where they will make this extra income over time. This survey apparently indicated the fans wanted something like this.

Overall response, it's a rip off, not paying for it. Look I'm not rich and everyone is struggling to make ends meet at the moment but the fans indicated they wanted a service like this. It's been put in the holte because, aside from building a new stadium where else is there the place to put it?  

I'm fully anticipating when the new north stand is built I'm going to be asked to 2/3x the cost of current ST. The club will need a return on the investment asap. The same applies to this place. If people don't use it, it will go and the money spent to create it will be dead money.

Edited by Hank Scorpio
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

Yep, I know, I just wanted to have a mini rant... gentrifying the Holte End?.....whatever next

Though I don't miss the mini rivers of pi$$ running down the old Holte End terrace at half time !

An official Aston Villa bedding and pillow partner who pay us £10m a year to do adverts in south east Asia

If its not used by ST holders and fans in general then I'd guess the club would have a back up plan and flip it to a corporate space

Which based on my experience of trying to book a one off game in corporate this season they could do, they were selling out the trinity spaces

Also without reading all the detail something that seemed obvious to me seeing the picture.... Mrs Villa4europe doesn't know how unlucky she is that we're already married so she can't get the mid July holte end wedding that she's no doubt always wanted

9 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

We need to compete with other PL clubs who generate more revenue from match day. Having an option like this is good because if you don't fancy it, it doesn't impact you at all. 

All the ways the club are increasing our revenue will end up going into the playing squad. 

Yes this. It’s there for the people who want to pay for it, which my guess is companies who don’t have a corporate box but don’t mind paying a little extra so they can invite clients for a bit of fun. 

And doesn’t really change anything for the normal fans coming to the ground.

• Like 2

They would’ve carefully studied the fluid dynamics and with frictionless F&B kiosks to ensure the remaining space in the upper Holte is not too cramped and dangerous…

I don’t see why people are complaining … don’t like like don’t use it - simples. I’d definitely be interested in a match to match basis in this to enhance my matchday experience. 

Edited by thabucks

Match by match would be interesting cos say like you've gone to the villa with your old man for 20 years as a ST and it's his birthday and you don't know what to get him and this is say a £30 extra over charge... You and a fair few others would be willing to do it

The season ticket at that price I'm not so sure on but match by match packages I've got no doubt the demand is there and it will succeed

• Like 2

I live in Hampshire and can't get to VP regularly - and when I do it is built around spending time with my Dad.  I would be really interested in something like this on a match-by-match basis - and the fact you get a programme and two free drinks is quite good.  I think there probably is a market for something like this - and I also agree that it doesn't seem to be taking anything away from current Holte season ticket holders?  There will still be food and drink - this is just providing extra?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, delboy54 said:

VTID

A million miles from left side/right side, burn burn burn the bastard, your going to get your F***ing  heads kicked in/be dead by five o'clock and Knees up mother brown 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Follyfoot said:

A million miles from left side/right side, burn burn burn the bastard, your going to get your F***ing  heads kicked in/be dead by five o'clock and Knees up mother brown 

I miss Tarzan in the Holte

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

The price seems outrageous but it looks to me like it's designed purely for sponsors and other corporate type tickets as opposed to the average season ticket holder.

The seating will all be in the Upper Holte - not the traditional home of the sponsor or corporate - everyone that goes in the Terrace View lounge will sit/stand in the Upper Holte End. If it's not aimed at Upper Holte Enders, then it is by its nature, going to change the Upper Holte End.

I think that's my worry - it's very expensive, but, if people want to pay those prices for the experience, then good for them, it's a fantastic looking facility and looks like a great place to be, pre and post match - but I have concerns about how it affects the remaining Upper Holte Enders - those that now have less choice and less space pre and post game - and those that perhaps buy on a match to match basis and will be priced out and looking for somewhere else in the ground going forwards.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, av1 said:

So is bit at the top of steps on the external? They normally open this area up at HT for smokers. So are you only going to be allowed a HT smoke now if you’ve paid extra? 

That bit will be exclusively for Upper Holte End GA+ tickets going forward, it's part of the Terrace View area.

Â