• Watkins
    • Olsen (Martínez 45)
    • Chambers (Young 66)
    • Digne (Moreno 66)
    • Traoré (Dendoncker 66)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/04/23 at 18:00

We could just do with a few more quality options in the squad.

Not at our best but a difficult trip and we come away with a result and unbeaten run continues. 

Lots of passive positives today: still on a run; still score every game; didn’t lose with Olsen in goal; didn’t play well but didn’t lose; came back from a losing position; Emery again made changes to improve our position; main players still to come back. 

Happy enough but the disappointment is only the fairytale couldn’t continue. Bring on Fulham at home.

• Like 2

I’ll take the point and run, but can’t help feeling a bit unhappy we didn’t nick it with the chances we had right at the end there.

Edited by El Zen

Lucky to draw.

We were poor.

Ollie was totally off it.

Moreno couldn't get going.

Buendia's final ball was off all game.

McGinn like buendia tended to spoil good work by giving the ball away with a poor final ball.

Ramsey was OK, but kept failing to track the midfield runner inside Moreno, when Moreno was going to close down the Mbuemo.

Doug and Mings top performers. Martinez had a very good first half.

4 minutes ago, OhioVilla said:

Feel its too hard to blame Olsen for this one. Point on the road at a tough venue, I'll take it. Need better

I don't blame olsen but we couldn't play the emery way with him in goal, playing from the back without a capable keeper just won't work, olsen is not able to play that way he just HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFSSSSS it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Raymond said:

Martinez going out changed the game. The players clearly have no faith in Olsen. 

This, when you know you have a world class keeper behind you, you feel more confident.

When you have a clown behind you, its puts extra pressure on you and you make more mistakes! 

Olsen is not a commanding keeper at all. Would be one of the 1st out the door end of the season if we want to push on. 

Take the point and move on and have to lift our intensity for Tuesday boys looking flat maybe the reminder we needed and the squad that we need more to get into Europe. We need Cash , Kamara , Phil back asap got no depth that's my worry.

Edited by ozvilla28
  • Like 2

We were slow, lacked energy, and watkins was terrible, I mean truelly bad, no movement refused to move down the sides and just stood there time after time a ball went down the line. 

Apart from 4 minutes at the end of the game, I don't think we won 1 2nd ball, pulled out of most tackles, and there was no movement. 

We were very lucky to come away with a point which feels like a point won rather than 2 lost, that's how poor we were today.

Emery will have to watch that back a good few times and have words with quite a few players.

Digne change is what got us the point, also should have seen mbouma with his 2nd yellow but the ref chose to ignore the kick to his face.

Feel that's any dreams of 4th gone now, and we hardly out up a fight the whole game.

Very good recovery from a very poor 30 minutes in the second half. First half was even maybe we shaded it. But by god Brentford dominated the first 30 of the second half. 

Someone mentioned it in another match thread our boys have got big bollocks now and they were the only ones who looked like winning in the end. 

Players looked mentally tired after that epic win last week. 3 points would have been very nice. We’re a good side. 

• Like 2

Bad day at the office for some reason we always struggle against teams that are anti -football 

but despite all that we got a point and nearly stole it at the end , the subs seemed to change the game so that’s a positive for the team / squad going forward 

Â